2K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Location bidding

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Suppose I have a camp all India targeted for the last one year.  When i see the user location report, then cam eto know Certain locations/cities are doing good. For e.g. Chennai, Bangalore, Hyderabad etc. I want to increase the bod for these locations.

If I add these cities in location targeting will it compete with India targeting or not.

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jeewan G
September 2015

Re: Location bidding

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Hi Jeewan,

What I'd suggest in this situation, is to continue to target all of India, but add these three locations as additional targeting locations, and add a bid adjustment to give them an extra boost.

First, add these locations to your campaign:

Screen Shot 2015-07-25 at 12.22.08.png

Then, navigate to the "Locations" sub tab of your Settings, and click the dashed line next to these sub locations, and add a bid adjustment to increase the bids of the people searching in this area by the amount you choose (in this example, 10%).

Screen Shot 2015-07-25 at 12.22.34.png

You wont be bidding against yourself here - what will happen, is if someone is in India, but not in one of these locations, the keyword level bid will be applied. But if they are in one of these newly targeted locations, the new "adjusted" bid will be applied.

I hope this helps!

Kathleen

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
One more question : Suppose we are targeting whole Delhi and we want to target/Bid more for some area of Delhi by pin code wise . Will the same rule will apply or some other thing will work

Community Manager
# 4
Community Manager
Yes, you can target more specific areas and apply a higher bid adjustment.

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
@KathleenG Thank you your reply, but when I target Pincode wise i am getting lesser impression. May be Pincode targeting is NEW in adwords & system does not understand pretty well .

In that case do you advise me to target whole Delhi & exclude some location by pincode wise.