AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.7K members online now
5.7K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Location bid adjustments for specific towns/cities

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello everyone. I target all UK but i guess some cities perfor better than other (this is an assumption). Is it a good idea to add all the main cities although I target whole Uk so i can see their performance and use bid adjsutment if I have "winners"and "loosers".

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Location bid adjustments for specific towns/cities

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Nora,

It is always recommended to do bid adjustments after analysing the campaigns, not on the basis of assumptions.

You can have the data of cities/town within UK from where users are there on the landing pages.

Go to the dimensions tab >> click view(1st sub-tab) >> scroll down to user locations or geographic tabs.
Analyse the location, increase bid for locations which are giving most clicks and conversions and decrease for those which are poor performing.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

image 2.pngimage 3.pngimage 4.pngimage 6.png

Hi Nora,

You dont need to add specific cities if you have targeted the whole of UK. But instead let the ads run 2-3 days, check the performance based on your objectives (conversions, revenue) and then adjust bids on your cities.
You can check for cities from the Settings Tab>> Locations tab>>the following images will help you understand it -

My options are greyed out as I am already targeting specific cities.

After you get this report, download it and create a pivot table, which will combine all the data for every city.

If you see any particular campaign not performing well, treat it seperately. Dont increase bids on all campaigns. Look at the non performing ones with a seperate set of eyes and spot if there is a problem with that city in that campaign.

Then decide to bid it down. Remember for geo bidding always consider the losers separately, who knows your campaigns might be bleeding because of this.

Hope this helps!

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Yes, I see but since I target all UK iI see infromation only for UK. My point is, do you need first to add the cities so I can see there performance separately and use bid adjsutments. If a city is not listed separately in my location targeting I cannot use bid adjustment for this city.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
When I run this report, all I see in the location is UK and as View I can oly choose Country.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Since I was checking multiple campaigns. When I choose only one campaign I see the option city. Thanks