AdWords
5K members online now
5K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Location based keyword or national keyword?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Suppose if I am targeting Doctors marketing keyword in the US. And I also want  to target location-based keywords like "Doctors Makreting NYC etc.

How the ad would be shown? Should I create separate campaign for location based keywords or should I suffix 'NYC'with "doctors marketing"keyword?

Thanks 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Location based keyword or national keyword?

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Yes, you will want to create two separate campaigns, with the same keywords but with different location targeting.

That way, you will reach the same audience, but in the specific area/location that you want. Smiley Happy

So
"NYC Targeted Campaign" > In Locations target New York city, > add "doctors marketing" as a keyword in your specified ad group.

Re: Location based keyword or national keyword?

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star
Hi Ayush,

First of all, i would suggest that if you have a adwords campaign running at the moment, you should look into the geographic report for your account and check which particular location is doing well for you in terms of KPI's - Clicks, Conversions, etc.

Once you have an idea of the most profitable locations you can use the same and create a new campaign consisting of locations specific keywords in individual adgroups. This way you know you are working with the best performing locations & themes at the same time.

You may have to look into your SQR's to ensure that there is no cross triggering of ads occurring for this campaign.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

Shashank
Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"