4.1K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Location based campaigns

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am struggling to understand why, when testing ads by clicking on the speech bubble in the status column that they all say "Your ads are set to show only to users in the locations you've chosen.". This despite the fact that the co ordinates chosen for the test are 6 miles radius of the place in question for my location based campaign.

erroradword.JPG

See image above

Any ideas ?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Location based campaigns

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi SW,

That's simply to indicate that the bubble can't work with custom geo-targets. Within the geo-target your ad may or may not be shown. For a small geo-target, you may want to use the Ad Preview and Diagnosis tool under the Tools and Analysis tab, so as to check whether or not your ad is displayed.

Otherwise the text you cited is a tautology, i.e. a statement that is always true.whereby it's not informative.

Best,

Lakatos

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello;

In addition to Lakatos' answer: in which country are you??

Check the level of Geo targeting available in your country using the link below.  (Custom /radius Geo-targeting by radius works  best in the US and the UK. In other countries, check the level of Geo-targeting available in the link below.)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AoXclFw9v2cWdEtuZUJPY1dhR0RmQ2tvZkxPeVMxT1E#gid=0

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks - In UK

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

OK, that makes sense. I tried the diagnosis tool & that showed that the location settings are working ok.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Well... In the UK, based on other posters here, there are regions where Geo-targeting is not perfect. (Aging telecom network..? Smiley Tongue). Don't narrow your geo-targeting to a small geographic area.

Here are 2 interesting discussions about Geo-targeting in the UK. Pay particular attention to the answers by our fellow Top Contributor, cobnut, who lives in the UK;

Known Radius Targeting Issue & Location Extensions

Location Targeting or Location Keywords - which is best?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for that. I have not seen any drop in impressions or clicks & think that my locations are ok.

Time to review my bid price I think :-)