5K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Location Targeting

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello I am having a problem that my ads are appearing outside the U.K. my location settings are 

Exclude

People in my targeted location

People in my excluded location

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Location Targeting

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

David;

When you target a Geo region you don't need to exclude other area. Exclusion is intended to an area within the targeted region . For example: you target the whole USA and exclude one state.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
I understand that and I am excluding Ireland but im still getting clicks from around the world

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Pick  in advanced targeting options:  "people in my location only" 

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Sorry I cant seem to find that option Smiley Frustrated 

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Here you are, in this help center article:

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722038?hl=en

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hi David, pick the Campaign in question, then click Settings from the top tabs, then All Settings from the sub-tabs.

Under "Locations", you'll see your current settings and beneath that you should see "Location options (advanced)".  From the sound of things you'll want "Target" to be "People in my targeted location" and "Exclude" to be "People in, searching for or viewing pages about my excluded location".

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits