Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border
Highlighted

Location Targeting for 4 offices/4accounts/1city

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The company I work for has 4 offices (fairly close to each other), and 4 websites and therefore 4 adword accounts. They each provide the same service and would like to get more calls and only phone calls to each office.  I would like to seek your advice for your recommendations in location targeting on call now ads since all offices are in the same city. I have divided up the city by zip code and given each office a "region of zip codes" in their campaign under location targeting. Am I correct that if I use the "city name" on each then all will compete against each other? Next, I also see now that some keywords are not showing up in ads because of location. So since i am not location targeting by the name of the city and using zip codes instead then if keywords use the city name they will not run?  This is all new to me so I'd appreciate any feedback and expert advice.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Debbie.

My experience has been that the targeting via ZIP isn't tight enough to stop overlaps between small areas. This is exacerbated if you go with the default location setting "People in, searching for, or who show interest in my targeted location (recommended)"

Could you not run one campaign for all 4 branches?

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
5d

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner

As long as someone in your targeted area is searching for a KW you target, then you can show them an ad. As long as you use the "Users in my targeted location" advanced location setting, as long as location targeting doesn't overlap, then there is no potential overlap/competition between accounts.

Tom