AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Location Extensions - two questions

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hey,

I am asking for some info about Location Extensions. First: I have entered the Google Places address in the adwords campaign. Is it possible to pause it, not just delete? I cannot find the option to only pause it, only for deleting ... I have read some post from 2011 about this issue, when it is said it cannot be done. Perhaps this is possible now?

Second question is why the link to google maps address in adwords ad links to google.si and not the actual google map site? To add to this question, google just confirmed my subscription of the company in google places. And yesterday the link appeared in the ads, perhaps it takes a day or two ... But if this is not the case, is it possible to somehow edit the link in adwords or places?

Thanks your help in advance!

Manca

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Karl (Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆)
September 2015

Re: Location Extensions - two questions

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Manca,

Please use this link to mine the correct phone number for your country.

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=8206

Thanks!

View solution in original post

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Manca,

As of now even I don't see any option to pause a location extension. You can either edit or delete the extension for not pause it anyway.

Also I am not really sure what you are asking in your second question. It should be fine until and unless anybody who clicks on your location extension is taken to your website.

In order to edit your link you will need to update link from your Google Places account & not adwords. Adwords simply link your google places listing.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hey, Dusons,

OK, I will sipmly delete it then. 

What I want to point out is that the link named "Navodila za pot" (ang: Directions) next to the address in an ad links to search engine google.si. I guess it should link to google maps instead for visitors to find the address. It is the direction, after all. Was I clear? The problem is, that next to the address the link points to google.si which is nonsense. 

In Google Places I cannot find where I can edit the actual link. I entered the address correctly, should not it work automatically?

Manca

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Manca,

I just checked some of my active campaigns and the word "Directions" links to maps.google.com only. Not sure why is links to google.si in your case.

Also I should correct myself that links will be automatically updated in Google places account. You cannot specify links in Google places but only your addresses and business names.

I think you should definitely try and delete that extension and add it again. If its still not working perfectly then you can also try adding your adddress manually into adwords.

Thanks,

Rajat

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Rajat,

I deleted and re-added the location extension, does not help. Now it links to google.si using a query I used on google.si to find an ad. Smiley Frustrated I know this sounds rather confusing, but it really does not work the way it should. I canceled the extension again, because it is in vain pointing a visitor away from our company ...

I checked google places and its ok. However, I guess I cannot edit this extension in any way? To exclude only the link and leave the address? 

Thanks for your effort ...

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Strange. The location extension always points to maps.google.com but not on your website.

I think I could have helped you better if I could review it myself. Anyways I would suggest you 2 ways to get rid of this problem:

1) Enter your addresses manually in adwords location extension. This would rather solve your purpose and your users will see your address within the ads.

2) You can try to link a different Google Places accounts altogether. Pin your location again using this new account and then attach this new Google Paces account to your adwords.

I am not sure if the second option would work fine for you but you can still give it a try.

If this still doesn't work then you can contact Google adwords and see if there is any technical glitch involved.

Thanks,
Rajat

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Totally. There is no "Slovenia" under the Country or territory drop down menu and I cannot not select it. I wont try the second options, it sound too time consuming.

Hm, I will try again tomorrow, but this is really strange. If it still does not work, I will contact support. Can you give me the adequate contact, please?

Thanks!

Manca

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Karl (Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆)
September 2015

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Manca,

Please use this link to mine the correct phone number for your country.

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=8206

Thanks!

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 9
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Thanks, Rajat!

Manca