AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Location Extensions for Temporary Events

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi everyone,

Apologies in advance if this has been covered elsewhere but I couldn't find anything.

Our company runs training events at different locations around the UK, and I wanted to know if it's possible to add these different locations as Location Extensions to individual Campaigns or Ad Groups.

These training locations around the UK are only temporary, ran at function rooms etc, so it's not possible to create a Google My Business account for each. As a result we're currently including the location in Ad text.

Could anyone advise whether it's possible to show these temporary locations in specific Campaigns or Ad Groups, or any other suggestions that may be effective.

Thanks in advance

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Will V
May 2017

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Great question!

Regrettably the only way to use a Location extension is if you're able to claim/be added to a Google My Business account for the location you want to use as an extension.

If that's not an option (which it usually isn't in this kind of temporary situation), then Location extensions won't be an option for these campaigns.

Best,

John

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Will V
May 2017

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Great question!

Regrettably the only way to use a Location extension is if you're able to claim/be added to a Google My Business account for the location you want to use as an extension.

If that's not an option (which it usually isn't in this kind of temporary situation), then Location extensions won't be an option for these campaigns.

Best,

John

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi John,

Thanks for the quick reply.

Unfortunately that's as I suspected. It's a shame as it would benefit our campaigns, the sole reason we run these events in different locations is to remove the barrier of distance to our training base in the north of England.

Thanks again,

Will