Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Location Bidding By Day?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm trying to find a way (script maybe?) to turn off a search campaign on the weekend in certain locations, while keeping it on in other locations. For example, say there's a campaign running 24/7 in 5 nearby cities, but it's been decided that the client only wants to run ads in 2 of the 5 cities Saturday-Sunday while keeping Monday-Friday across all 5 cities. Is there a way to do this without having to make duplicates of the campaigns, one set with 2 cities, the other set with 3? I've been testing mixing ad schedule and location bid adjustments but can't find the sweet spot to make it work out right.

Any help or advice on this is much appreciated Smiley Happy

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Nicole E
November 2016

Location Bidding By Day?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @Nicole E

Unfortunately, there is currently not a way to combine multiple variables together to bid or turn off those combinations as you are requesting above.

I worked with a dental client that had 180 offices each with their own radius targeting and business hours. Yes, it involved a lot of replication but we then were able to get more granular with the keywords targeted (keyword + geo-location) and language of the ads.

Let me know if this helps!

Nick

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Nicole E
November 2016

Location Bidding By Day?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @Nicole E

Unfortunately, there is currently not a way to combine multiple variables together to bid or turn off those combinations as you are requesting above.

I worked with a dental client that had 180 offices each with their own radius targeting and business hours. Yes, it involved a lot of replication but we then were able to get more granular with the keywords targeted (keyword + geo-location) and language of the ads.

Let me know if this helps!

Nick

Location Bidding By Day?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

hi @Nicole E,

You will have to come up with new replicate campaigns. for what you are asking for.

Regards.

Zaby