Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Location Bid Adjustment on a CPA Campaign

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

Does Location Bid Adjustment works on campaigns that are using CPA target as offer strategy?

It's been 2 weeks since I switched a campaign from CPC to CPA target with location adjustment but the Cost / Conversion still doesn't reflect the location adjustments at all.

For example a country in a campaign with CPA Target of $ 1 and location bid adjustment of -50 % has an actual Cost / Conversion of 1,06 US$. Another one should be 0,35 $ (location bid adjustment of -65%) but the actual cost per action is 1,25 US$.

So I'm beginning to think that location bid adjustments doesn't work on CPA Target campaigns but I didn't find any confirmation in the Adwords documentation.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi There Smiley Happy

This may answer your question. 

"Unlike bid adjustments for manual CPC, your bid adjustments for Target CPA modify the value of your CPA target, rather than the bids themselves. For the best performance, you may want to remove your manual CPC bid adjustments when switching to Target CPA."

To better understand how CAP bidding works, I recommend you give this a read https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6268632?hl=en-GB

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Abbie,

Thanks for your reply.

The paragraph you quoted was about "Device bid adjustments". There's no explicit reference to location bid adjustment in that article... It may as weel be the same for location adjustments but I would like to find a sure answer.

Furthermore it says that the bid adjustments would modify the Target CPA and that would be OK but, for what I have observed so far, the actual cost / conversion doesn't reflect my bid adjustments for the CPA campaigns...

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Leroy,

No this applies to ALL bid adjustments for CPA bidding.

How long have your campaigns been running and how much conversion data do you have? How many conversions do you get on an average day?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Leroy!

I made the same experience and here is also an answer on it from Google:

Q: How are my existing bid adjustments considered when I opt-into Target CPA?

Target CPA already accounts for all of these signals (time, location, RLSA and device) when computing data to set up a bid. Hence all the bid adjustments (except device bid adjustments)  will be ignored except when set to -100%.

Best regards

Georg