AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.9K members online now
3.9K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Location Based Targeting

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello All

I have 5 different locations to target in USA, and i am planning to setup mobile ads campaign to generate more phone calls. But i am having few doubts in my mind regarding location targeting and keywords. Should I Target Location A, B, C, D and E in different campaigns. Can I put same keywords in all of the campaigns as location changes only services would be same, in some cases we can target location based keywords but in most of the cases keywords would be same. Will having same keywords in more than one campaigns conflict with each other if yes then why because i am targeting different locations. Last but not least, is adwords new feature "Call Only" can become helpful for me ?.

Please answer

4 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Location Based Targeting

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Roshan,

Same or diff campaign: If you want a dedicated budget for each location, you can go for different campaigns. It would also be easy to manage and get specific reports. If you're fine with a common budget, you can go for a single campaign.

Will they compete: If your targeting isn't overlapping, same keywords across campaigns wouldn't compete.

Call only campaign: If your objective is to drive phone calls only, you can use this campaign type. however, if you also want web visits and conversions eventually, you'll have to run separate campaigns for devices other than mobiles. In that case, you'll have to bid -100% for mobile devices, as call only campaign would take care of mobile traffic.

Hope that clarifies!

Good luck,

Sumanth

Sumanth Sridhar

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

as @Sumanth Sridhar mentioned, mainly due to budget allocation and ease of reporting, and also (sometimes) due to different time zones, I prefer to set a campaign per location.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi All,

I wanna target different location under different Ad Group under One Campaign means (One City in One Ad Group). Is this fine and Good 4 ROI.

Thanks

Lisa Cry

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Hi Lisa,

Location targeting comes under campaign setting tab. It does not available at Ad Group level. Thus you need to create separate campaigns for different city. Thus I would suggest you to read the following link of Campaign setting for better understanding.
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2404245?hl=en&ref_topic=3122861
--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Rakesh,

Thanks for reply,

Suppose I will set Country Canada and target each city in different Ad group. Is this fine or not, if not, why?

Thanks

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
Hi Lisa,

The answer is NO, as I already told you that you can not target any location (It could be country, city, state etc.) in the Ad Group level.
--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hi Lisa,

Just a small addition to what Rakesh rightly said above, in case you want to target specific cities (may be due to one reason or another), you could add location based keywords per ad group and select advanced Location settings (at campaign level) i.e.

Doing this might give you little bit edge during the ad auction and chances of users who are specifically looking for location based search queries might see you ad quite often.

My 2 cents!

Pankaj