4.7K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Link Adwords Accounts?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've been having some debates recently with collegues around the benefits and detriments of linking multiple adwords accounts together. The point of linking accounts is to prevent yourself from competing against yourself in any particular auction, but I'm not convinced that this is actually beneficial. I was hoping someone might have some insight on this problem, and what the best plan of action is.

Thanks,

Brent

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Link Adwords Accounts?

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Brent,

I think your question it a little bit vague and I'd like to understand more about what you define as "linking".

Are these 'multiple accounts' serving the same business or multiple businesses that happen to be serving similar products in multiple accounts?  Is linking by your description using an MCC?

I'm leaning toward thinking you mean combining multiple accounts into one account but I'm just not sure.

Do you care to elaborate with some non-descriptive examples regarding current setup/structure and what your 'linked' account method would look like?

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Ohhhh

Quote:

>>>"The point of linking accounts is to prevent yourself from competing against yourself,in any particular auction"

You are assuming that more than one account per business is allowed. (Separated accounts for the same business) .This is false and huge mistake!

If you have more than one account promoting the same business (e.g targeting the same domain) you are seriously violating the Policy: at the moment it is caught by Google's bots/ crawlers - the account is suspended forever.

One business ------> one AdWords account (with some exceptions...but this the general rule)

Account mangers link accounts under MCC for convenience. Each account, linked to an MCC, is of a different business.

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Sorry my previous question was a bit vague. These are multiple accounts serving the same business under 1 MCC. 

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi Brent,

I was waiting to get into this until you responded but Moshe outlined it quite well.  Unless you have some specific case that has been approved by Google to have multiple accounts for a single business (different networks, different products, different targeting etc...), you could definitely be in violation of the Double Serving Policy.

I still don't understand the question but would advise you to be careful, unless, as previously mentioned, you have some specific allowance by Google. 

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’