Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Legacy settings to Enhanced settings update - Total loss

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

On 13 Feb i upgraded few of campaigns from Legacy settings to Enhanced settings (new update from google). After upgrading there is a big hit in conversion and CTR. Though there is nothing in settings that should effect CTR but still my account got effected badly. I did it in two of my adwords accounts and both started performing worst.  I contacted google but they are not ready to listen. Campaigns still with Legacy settings are running ok with good CTR and conversion rate. Google new campaign update has lot many bugs which make campaign to run under performing.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Legacy settings to Enhanced settings update - Total loss

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello and welcome,

I believe that it would be too early to say whether the impact you are seeing is actually due to shifting from legacy to enhanced or not.

Did you follow the actual guide presented by Google on how to make the transition and keep one of your campaign as primary and merge the campaigns?

http://static.googleusercontent.com/external_content/untrusted_dlcp/www.google.com/en//adwords/enhan...

Pankaj

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello;

Have you included now mobile devices that had not been targeted before the change?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

i upgraded my campaigns from legacy to enhanced and now it seem that my conversions have dropped, spend has increased. Bad move by google 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Legacy was a much better platform, with simplicity and ease of doing simply Mobile Ads ONLY!

Not sure how to do that now with Enhanced Smiley Sad

Matt Sicotte | Consultant, MMS