4.8K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Lead improvement

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

What can be the strategy to maintain lead generation process for both search ads and display ads? If we are not getting results despite targeted keywords and stable landing page then what can be the cause of this issue?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Lead improvement

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Kapil,

In my opinion, Search and Display Ads work differently. So to maintain the flow of leads on both networks might be different as well.

If you think that your landing page, keywords, ads are all in place as they should be, but the conversions are not happening, then definitely it is your landing page which is not turning the users into customers for you.

Ultimately, the users are going to visit your site and look for various features, offers you have. You might be missing some online competition which your competitors are providing. Be it Free Shipping, some big discounts, Cash on delivery etc....to name few as examples.

If I were you, I would first make sure that my basics are correct in the Adwords account in terms of keywords selection, bids, ad copies etc. Then I would identify the room of improvement possible in terms of my landing page to make sure what users are looking for, are getting.

My Thoughts!

Pankaj

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

To follow with @pankaj1782, and be more specific, what is your CTR and QS?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Pankaj,

Thanks for your feedback. I have had checked my copies and keywords several times and getting to the perfection. I have been closely working with our keywords and majority of keywords are exact match. In this scenario, what do you suggest?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Moshe,

Majority of my keywords have QS above 6 and particularly, my CTR is around 4-5%.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi Kapil,

What is the Bounce Rate of the queries coming in? I hope you would have linked Adwords with Analytics.

If the bounce rate is high, then this could be a concern to look for. You might have to review the Search Terms and your landing page as well.

Pankaj

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

So, if you are confident with KWs match types and ad-copies (CTR looks relatively good) - I would follow Pankaj,  and check why the landing page does not convert.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Panka / Moshe,

If the keywords are all exact match type, the CTR is good and suppose bounce rate is high, do you think it's the problem with landing page?

s

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 9
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

In addition to great responses above. I want to say Kaplil that there's alot of things to take in consideration:

If you have not good CTR this mean that you have alot of impressions and a few clicks, so certainly you are doing some of the following:
you are using non relative keywords (low quality score)
you don't use -ve keywords
you use uneffective ads ( ads don't encourage cusomers)

If you your CTR and quality score of your keywors is good, the second thing to take in condsedration is your landing page, landing page must provide relevant, useful, original content and ease of navigation, that ecourage customer to complete purchase.

The last thing to take in condsideration is the customers don't feel interst in your products/service, if you have some offers or something like this, highlight it so the customer can take advantage of.

First you must understand what's  the problem and on that you can use the appropiate startegy.

For more information about how to drive sales and generate leads, you can read the next article:
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722135?hl=en&ref_topic=3122883

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 10
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Kapil,

It would be great if you can tell us what type of products are you dealing with. One more thing you would like to check that the conversion code is placed in the right place or not.