2.2K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Lead generation Improvement

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

What can be the strategy to drive stable lead generation strategy through Adwords? Besides, keywords' improvement what other factors need to be looked?

Leads generation

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

What can be the effective criteria to measure inflow of leads? Should we consider landing page factor above CTR and keyword quality score when it comes to lead generation? For ex, in search campaign, if the CTR is above 4 but very few leads, what can be the cause of this situation?

Re: Leads generation

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi

Here is my understanding of your question.

You have high CTR and quality score but low conversion rate. If this is correct assumption then I would suggest you following.

1. Low conversion rate can be a subjective term at times depends on your and clients expectations, which may be tad high on occasions. So you might need to revisit your expectations.
  2. If you are landing users on a page with form and no exit links then you might want to revisit number of form fields, content on the page, call to action, etc.
  3. If you are landing them on website or microsite then you might want to look if users are navigating to other pages and exiting.

Also if you can tell us a little more about industry you are serving we might be able to help you better.

Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Nik,

Thanks for your feedback. You did understood my query precisely. Yeah, I am talking about the conversion. Basically, I am talking in terms of IT products and services. I have been experimenting with different ideas with respect to keywords and ad copies. However, I have not touched the landing page. Do you think revisiting landing page might generate some positive outcome?

Regards,
Kapil M

Top Contributor Alumni
# 4
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi

I sould urge you to look at your geo location report and SQR 1st and if you dont find large anomalies there then think about changing landing page.  Unless you believe you have really bad landing page right now.

Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi,
I will go through the report you suggested. I do not think we have a bad landing page, however, it's not delivering results. That's the main reason I am thinking about it.

Regards,
Kapil M

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

To build on the previous advice I would say that some forms of purchase require several visits to the site. For example if you sell expensive services or services which are researched months before purchase.

An example from the products area would be new-born products. Mothers research beds , strollers and other apparel months before actually giving birth and arriving at the purchase point.

AdWords helps you in this matter with the Search Funnel reports, and the Time lag Report.

http://adwords.blogspot.ro/2013/02/optimizing-for-conversions-made-easy.html

If you have recorded conversions from organic traffic, you should see the same data in Google analytics in the Multi-Channel Funnels reports

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1191180?hl=en

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Nik,

What do you mean by anomalies?

Regards,
Kapil M

Re: Lead generation Improvement

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Kapil

Lead generation means you want user to fill in their information on your website. I came across a post by Wordstream which have good tricks in order converts clicks into leads.

http://www.wordstream.com/blog/ws/2013/07/11/landing-page-conversion-rate-guide

Abhishek