Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Lead Generation

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Everyone,

I just want to know what is lead generation?? And is it possible to put a website on top of google all the time in Adwords but google will charge only £1 all the time in case of attending a call, if a customer is calling on the given number then company attends the call then google will charge otherwise no charges.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Lead Generation

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello Shahzad m

Lead generation is the generation of consumer interest or inquiry into products or services of a business. The process of creating sales leads which might convert into sale.

With on-line marketing the word lead is mostly used as :
- a valuable action for the business that a visitor does on a website.
- Some define it as all valuable actions except when a customer buys something.
- Some define it as all valuable actions a website visitor can do, inclusive buying a product.
Think of visitors fill in a form to ask for more information, telephone a business, Fill in form to get a newsletter etc, a download of a pdf-file with information of the products.

It is not total clear for me what you mean by on top of Google.
But it is not possible to exactly predict the position your ad can get. But you can optimize to your campaign to get a high as possible position, one of the top positions. Besides that, not always do the top positions the highest conversion rate or ROI.

If you mean to get a position on the first page of the Google search results. That is in most cases possible.

It is not true that Adwords will charge only £1 all the time if a customer is calling by clicking a ad. That was the old system. Now you only have to pay the actual-CPC bid. This is never higher than your maximum CPC bid, most of the time it is lower.

About telephone calls : When someone does not click on your ad, you do not have to pay, it does not matter if it is a ad with or without a telephone number. You pay for clicks on your ad.

I hope this helps you

** I´am learning Adwords and find it very interesting.
** Ik ben Adwords aan het leren en vind het erg boeiend.

Re: Lead Generation

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi shahzad m,

You will be charged for the click whether the call is attended or not. You might use ad scheduling so your ad will only show when you can answer the phone.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords