AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2K members online now
2K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Language Targeting

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Everyone,

I have one query, In my account I am targeting Europe and In the setting I selected the language English only, But in Europe there may be some people whose priority language is French. So My question is how I can target those customer. Will they eligible to see our ads. If i selected language preference English. So what is the batter way shell I select all language.

Regard,

Rishi Acharya

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Rishi A
September 2015

Re: Language Targeting

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Correct - If your landing page is in English, and you want to target users who speak French AND English choose EN and French as targeting languages.

If we expand it further, and you want to target all users in Europe, who speak their mother tongue and English - target English, French, German, Swedish, Spanish...
Having said that - remember that "localized" / tailored landing pages convert better. Language is also a culture. You might  target audiences in different countries by different sales techniques: e.g. a UK resident might be more concerned about warranty, while a German customer would like 30 day free trial.

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Rishi,

You need to create a separate campaign with language settings as French. Then you need to create ads written in French because Google is not going to translate your ad written in English into French. 

Read more about this here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722078?hl=en

Pankaj

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

@pankaj1782   covered the case of targeting users who speak, for example, only French; 

However; if you have only one landing page (in English), and want to target users who may use French in their browser  UI / windows  but understand English - this could be a bit more trick;

For each Google domain, Google sets a default language. (For Google.jp the default language is Japanese.)

However, the user can change the language preferences. And, in this case, Google uses the browser language settings to determine the user's languages. (Furthermore,There are a few exceptions to this rule: e,g. for Asian languages in which the alphabet  determines the language: if a user in Japan sets his browser interface preferences to English, and run a search in Japanese - he will see ads in Japanese).

Since  you target, globally,  I do recommend (as @pankaj1782 suggested)  to set a local landing page for each country. A tailored "localized" landing page  (though still in English), should convert better. (e,g. showing a  business using / benefiting from your product in a given country).

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Moshe,
So, my ads also appear to those customer who may use French in their browser UI / windows but they understand English also. So i can target both customer through the language preferences then there is no need to create the different landing pages for those users who might be able to understand any other language apart from English.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Rishi A
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Correct - If your landing page is in English, and you want to target users who speak French AND English choose EN and French as targeting languages.

If we expand it further, and you want to target all users in Europe, who speak their mother tongue and English - target English, French, German, Swedish, Spanish...
Having said that - remember that "localized" / tailored landing pages convert better. Language is also a culture. You might  target audiences in different countries by different sales techniques: e.g. a UK resident might be more concerned about warranty, while a German customer would like 30 day free trial.

-Moshe

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Moshe,
Thank you very much, for the solution.

Warm Regard,
Rishi