AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.4K members online now
5.4K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Landing pages

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Im having relevance issues i believe and i need help. Ok so lets say my website is www.domain.com and i wanna sell toys:

is my landing page the link straight from my site? (www.domain.com/toys)
is my landing page a page i created relevant to my keywords so that then people can go to my www.domain.com/toys?

Relevancy is confusing. If my page had 100 'toy' words and i made the keyword 'toy' for that page in my ad why am i still getting 3/10 quality score for my keywords?

Please someone help me. I have been at it for about 15 hours and i cant figure it out.

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Landing pages

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello zergmazter; welcome;

Here are two articles I picked for you from the "users articles" section. (On upper navigation bar)

There are many more, that target your question, with tips and suggested solutions, to improve relevancy and Quality Score.

What To Do With Keyword QualityScores

Get the basics right: One quick step to improve your AdWords CTR

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello zergmazter; welcome;

Here are two articles I picked for you from the "users articles" section. (On upper navigation bar)

There are many more, that target your question, with tips and suggested solutions, to improve relevancy and Quality Score.

What To Do With Keyword QualityScores

Get the basics right: One quick step to improve your AdWords CTR

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks a lot. You have no idea how much i apreciate it!

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi zergmazter,

"If my page had 100 'toy' words and i made the keyword 'toy' for that page in my ad why am i still getting 3/10 quality score for my keywords?"

Relevance has little to do with the number of times your keyword appears on your landing page. Google means relevance to the user, not to the keyword. When you have a keyword like 'toy', it's a very broad target. Google has no idea what kind of toy, the appropriate age group and other relevant information. Try to be more specific in your keywords and ads. Break your campaign up into smaller ad groups targeting specific toys or groups of toys, intended audience and things of that nature. You will probably see improvement.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords