Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Landing page relevancy (apps)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I was wondering if the landing page relevancy is still determined in the same way when creating an "ad for app/digital content".

So I've got this ad which leads directly to the play store and a keyword which is the same as the name of the Android app. Yet the relevancy is "average", on closer inspection all the keywords have a relevancy of "average".

Am I missing something or is the landing page relevancy just not taken into consideration when creating an "ad for app/digital content"?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Shanea K (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: Landing page relevancy (apps)

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee
Hi Stephan, Thats an interesting question. Let me try to explain this for you.

Landing page experience- The quality of your landing page: How relevant, transparent, and easy-to-navigate your page is. If the landing page is Play Store/Apple store url then the description of the app and the application listing within the Play Store or the App store, they are still important.

With this explanation, we may conclude that the landing page relevancy is considered while creating an ad for app/digital content.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Shanea K (Google Employee)
September 2015

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee
Hi Stephan, Thats an interesting question. Let me try to explain this for you.

Landing page experience- The quality of your landing page: How relevant, transparent, and easy-to-navigate your page is. If the landing page is Play Store/Apple store url then the description of the app and the application listing within the Play Store or the App store, they are still important.

With this explanation, we may conclude that the landing page relevancy is considered while creating an ad for app/digital content.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Sagarika,

Thanks for your reply. I must say I still find it strange that on the actual "brand name" of the app my keywords show an average relevancy, but I guess it's just a complicated algorithm.