AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.3K members online now
1.3K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Landing page performance - A/B Testing

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Can I have three similar Ad copies but three different landing pages in an ad group? I wanted to try which landing page gives me more results. Is this advisable?

Thanks,

Davis

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Landing page performance - A/B Testing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
This is perfectly right way to do landing page testing and see which landing page performs the best out of all. Based on the winner landing page then you can try different Ad texts with winner landing page to check which ad has higher CTR. This way you will have a winner ad with both, high CTR and high conversion rate.

But, this is not the end of optimization, it's an ongoing process and there is always a room to improve. So, keep on doing little changes, trying different text/landing page.

Good luck!

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Thanks for the reply Ashish

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Davis,

Testing different versions of landing pages or text ads is definitely a good strategy to follow and optimize your account. But you need to make sure that you are adhering the policies while doing that. Make sure that One display URL domain per ad group is followed when doing split landing page testing.

More policy details here: https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/6021546?hl=en

My 2 cents!

Pankaj

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Is it fine to use the same ad with three different landing pages with same domain or should use similar ads (ads with slight changes) - Just wanted to be more clear.

Thanks,
Davis

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Thanks for your reply Pankaj. Will surely keep in mind about using the same domain in one ad group.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes, it is fine to use same ad with three different landing pages with same domain (no two different domains allowed within an ad group).

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Thanks Ashish for your reply.