Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Landing page experience below average

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I was wondering if someone could help me out with this problem I am having. 

I am receiving a below average landing page experience for my site www.goldpalcanada.com and adwords is basically not showing my ads. I didn't have this problem before I changed the design of my site completely, even though the site looked a lot worse and unathoritative.

I don't understand what is wrong here, I have a ton of relavient content and have even added 2 more pages to the nav bar because I was told that google tracks bounce rates only when users click over to other pages. I am using the same ads and keywords as before and my text is even more relevant to my ads I feel. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, 

Damon

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Landing page experience below average

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
There are two glaring problems.
1. a terrible mobile experience. you should really use a responsive design or very few fields on your form on mobile...

2. The site screams scam. I am not saying it is or isn't, I am just saying the site does not foster trust at all. no personal info or address on the about us page.
You ask people to mail you at a PO box on the FAQ page... you have a letter signed (the goldpal canada team instead of Bob goldpalowitzy or something REAL AND AUTHENTIC...
You claim Licensed - Bonded - Insured without showing license numbers, etc.. or links to a bonding or insurance or licensing agency.

your whois is private registration...

Here is a link to learn more... https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2404197?hl=en

All it all I would never trust a site like yours and I doubt a manual review from google would surface a different sentiment...

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

My view: your business model violates the information harvesting section of the Policy and  the site could be suspended.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey, thanks for your reply David,

The thing is, I never had a responsive design on my last site either but it was fine.

Also, I doubt the site "screams scam" considering we have a site seal, and all our personal information is on the contact us page, where it belongs.

Regarding the Licensed - Bonded - Insured text, people don't usually link text like that to insurance pages or licensing pages, that is private information witch can be requested but isn't usually public. It's also not wise to have people clicking off your sales page when you're paying for traffic.

And the site had a fine landing page experience before even though the whois is set to private.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
The business model does not violate any Adwords policies. If you took some time to go through the site, you would see that it is service based and the only reason why user information is collected is so that we can help our clients complete a transaction.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Your contact info. Is a call center toll free number and a PO Box.

I think users what to see a physical office location and real people behind
the site to foster trust.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
My view - Google interprets your site as offering free gifts in exchange of personal information (which is violation of the Policy). My opinion - as I see it, as a "common user" - Google is right.
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Our contact info is our email address, PO Box and a toll free number witch we directly answer. We are a mail in gold buying company only.

We operate out of a secure facility not open to the public, so that is why we don't have a brick and mortar address.

This can't be the issue since our contact info was the exact same as before, when we had an average landing page experience through-out all our keywords.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
This also can't be the issue since we've always had a form on our site. Typically sites that are in the service business use request forms to operate. Highly doubt Google would interpret that any other way.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
You can always call Google and ask them directly if it violates their policies.

IF you operate out of a secure location, maybe say so. and also putting some pics up of your operation will add tons of credibility.

I can't speak to your specific instance I can only share my experience and from viewing your site I simply don't trust it.

perhaps a .ca domain would help since you need a registered canadian address to register one.

As Moshe indicated though, there is a very good chance you are just violating their policies and they never caught it until you swapped designs. They do all sorts of spot checks, etc... and I imagine an industry like cash for gold probably gets a closer look than others since it has a reputation for taking advantage of peoples ignorance of the value of their scrap jewelry. Thats why in the US you need a license to buy scrap jewelry.

You can also list your license number on your site without linking out... lots to do to add credibility, but having a big banner that says, "As seen in valpak" really means, "I paid to advertise to you and want to trade on that purchased credibility." Doesn't exactly foster trust.

Good Luck and all the best.