AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.8K members online now
4.8K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Landing page experience below average

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello 

I get a below average rating for my landing page for the keyword "mobile truck repair" and "truck road service". How can I improve my landing page to an "above average" rating? Here is the landing page http://afmobileservice.com/services/ What does Google look for in a Landing Page? Thank you.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Nick A
February 2017

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner

You are always likely to be fighting an uphill battle when it comes to KW quality score and the automotive/transportation repair industry.

There are a couple of basic things you can look into which may help:

I don't see a privacy policy. In and of itself that's not going to change your QS, but in some cases not having an acceptable privacy policy can cause ad approval issues. They're simple, easy, and it certainly wouldn't hurt.

I do see analytics tracking code onsite. Do you have search console linked? Are there any reported issues? Definitely take a look at the reports and see if anything stands out. Are users finding the site functional on all devices? Given your niche in your industry mobile device functionality is big concern.

Content is king. Keep developing your content within the pages you already have. More information about your services, service area, examples of your work, etc. Your content is definitely thin, and that can be a huge "ranking" factor.

Tom

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Nick,

Google prefers to see the keyword on the landing page, so having "mobile truck repair" on the page might help.

Keep in mind that the score is not absolute, but relative to your competitors for the same keywords. So look at competing ads and their landing pages. You won't know their quality scores, but any that you think are better than yours will give you an idea of what Google prefers.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Nick A
February 2017

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner

You are always likely to be fighting an uphill battle when it comes to KW quality score and the automotive/transportation repair industry.

There are a couple of basic things you can look into which may help:

I don't see a privacy policy. In and of itself that's not going to change your QS, but in some cases not having an acceptable privacy policy can cause ad approval issues. They're simple, easy, and it certainly wouldn't hurt.

I do see analytics tracking code onsite. Do you have search console linked? Are there any reported issues? Definitely take a look at the reports and see if anything stands out. Are users finding the site functional on all devices? Given your niche in your industry mobile device functionality is big concern.

Content is king. Keep developing your content within the pages you already have. More information about your services, service area, examples of your work, etc. Your content is definitely thin, and that can be a huge "ranking" factor.

Tom