2.4K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Landing Page Tips

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello I was just wondering if this is best practice for a landing page. Having specific items on there that the ad provides, not offering to much options and making sure the customer doesnt have to navigate to a second page in order to a specific product?

Dave

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Landing Page Tips

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Dave,

You have actually summarised the main points very nicely. Coincidentally I was just looking at old discussions from the old forum platform and one thread is dedicated to optimising landing pages for AdWords. If you can hold on then I will get an article made based around this information which will sum up the points which were discussed.

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

In most cases the best approach is to assume that you don't know what is going to work.

That's what testing is for.

run some Google Content Experiments to find out which versions of your landing pages work best - but take a scientific approach - test versions where there is one one change - start with headlines, images and calls to action. See what works. Use the better performer as the baseline - Rinse and repeat....

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

>> In most cases the best approach is to assume that you don't know what is going to work. That's what testing is for.

Truer words have never been typed.

Yes, you must test and not be afraid to try new things because you just never know. For example, a client of mine said to try a certain ad. I told him it wouldn't work, I just didn't think the ad was going to attract anyone to click on it. But he's the client so I humored him. To my surprise, that ad did better than any of mine. Using it as a new control, I improved it further, probably better than what I could have done using my old way of thinking. It may not work for all verticals but it sure worked for him and I learned a lesson never to dismiss any client suggestions.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Here is the article as promised.

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author RedDave88
September 2015

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Thanks Guys That Really Helps.

Regards

Dave

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi ScottyD,

Thanks for your article As We all know quality score and landing page plays major role in ad words,we have a landing page but this not converting lead in much manner what i have to do to improve my landing page experience ,If i contact support also they cannot explain me as much i expect . This is our landing page http://www.agriya.com/products/kickstarter-clone  help me to get out of this and provide some tips to optimize.

I need merits and demerit so of this page

Thanks,

James