5.5K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Landing Page One Giant Image

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Due to limitations of our website platform, we will have to make our landing page one giant Jpeg image.  

Therefore, there is no text on the page.

How much will this impact my adwords campaign ?  Particuralry the Quality Score ?

Thanks

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Landing Page One Giant Image

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello Elkiehound

I believe it will big negative impact on your quality score. One of the factors is how relavent your landing page is to your keywords. Unfortantlly Google can only read text and at best can only guess what the image is about based on file name and alt text.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi elkiehound, no "website platform" of any kind is worth that sacrifice.  Your site will be virtually useless for AdWords and, if the same restrictions apply to the rest of the site, is likely to be performing very poorly with organic search indexing as well.

As Jeremy has said, AdWords will need to be able to read your website to evaluate it and the "alt" tag of an image just isn't going to be enough.  Perhaps more importantly, how are your visitors going to interact with the page?

Can you explain more what these "limitations" are?

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi elkiehound,

In addition to the problem of having little or no text on the page, it will also likely be a slow loading page. That will also lower your score for the landing page.

There must be a better way than one huge jpeg. I would be tempted to go to your web developer and tell him (her) that is just plain unacceptable.

Best of Luck,

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords