Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Landing Page Hosted by Marketing Automation Software

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

My landing page is hosted by my Marketing Automation Software (Infusionsoft) and I am using a vanity url to redirect to that page.

landing page url: https://aq248.infusionsoft.com/app/page/verycomplicatedurl

vanity url: www.mywebsite.com/shortandsweet

I have the vanity url in my adwords ads as the display and destination url, but clicking will take users to the page whose actual url is not hosted on my domain: will my quality score be penalized because of this?

Should I ask my web person to host the page on our own servers (more time and work for her) or is it ok for me to keep using this landing page as is?

Thanks!

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Landing Page Hosted by Marketing Automation Software

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Clemence,
It wont impact your quality score directly because it's likely that your ad will never be approved in the first place. Your display DOMAIN and destination domain must match.

You should ask your web person to host the page on your own servers. There are many more benefits to this other than AdWords. Besides, this is the way marketing automation software was intended to work anyway.

Hope that helps. It's great that you're asking these questions early on before you get any sort of suspension. Kudos!

Re: Landing Page Hosted by Marketing Automation Software

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Clemence,

I just want to clarify Dave's answer here. The display domain must match the final destination after all redirects. This is not to be confused with what AdWords calls the destination url.

The display url doesn't need to be the entire url. It doesn't even need to be a reachable page.

I agree with Dave you'd be better off hosting the page on your own web server so you can create unique and compelling copy for your landing page. That will help with your QS.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords