AdWords
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Landing Page Experience Below Average. I don't have a clue why.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi.

I have a landing page with a poor QS and a landing page below average. I really don't undestrand why.

This is the page : http://kasakondo.com/courtier-immobilier/

The keyword is [courtier immobilier]

The page loading time is good, the exact keyword is in the Page Title, H1 and 3 times in the text.

The first word of the keyword (courtier) is 10 times in the page and the second (immobilier) is 6 times.

The text is written in natural french and the text is (at least from my opinion) helpful for the visitors.

I've contacted Google support and the guys told me that I need the exact keyword to be in the text between 5 and 7 times, but I'm doubtful. If I change the "courtier" of the text for "courtier immobilier", the text will looks unatural for my visitors. He also told me that having both an exact match and a phrase match in the same adgroup will hurt my QS, but I'm also doubtful about this, maybe I just didn't udnerstand his english.

What do you guys think ?

Here is the transcript of our chat:

Google Guy
12:24 PM
I was going through your website and the account as well.
Google Guy
12:27 PM
And i see that the keyword [Courtier immobilier] has been added thrice on your landing pagehttp://kasakondo.com/courtier-immobilier/.The landing page experience menas if you have a duplicate keyword whcih also might effect the keywords quality score as well the landing page experience.
Google Guy
12:28 PM
Also the word should be in your landing page for at least 5-7 times in the exact format
Me
12:28 PM
I'm not sure to understand, the fact that I have both exact and phrase match keyword in my adgroupd affect the quality score ?
Google Guy
12:32 PM
well it might be a duplicate as both r in the same format and duplicates might be causing the landing page experience to go down. Also as it is just 3 times which might be one of the reason why your landing page experience is below average
Me
12:34 PM
Yes, I only have 3 times the exact keyword in my landing page, but I have the term "courtier" 10 times and "immobilier" 6 times. I can't alway repeat "courtier immobilier", because it would look unatural to always repeat the exact term
Google Guy
12:36 PM
I understand. but the landing page experience matters when you have the exact keyword in your landing page in the exact format. May be you can keep it in hiding as well.
Me
12:36 PM
What do you mean by keep it in hiding ?
Google Guy
12:38 PM
That means if you feel that the keyword is taking most of the your sites landing page, you can hide the keyword in your landing page but at least make it available 5-7 times
Me
12:39 PM
I dont' understand what you mean by "hidding it" ?
Google Guy
12:43 PM
That is say you do not want it to appear as text in your landing page you can add in your landing page's meta tag, so that it can boost the landing page experience
Me
12:44 PM
The keyword is already in the meta title and meta description.
Me
12:45 PM
And i'm pretty sure that the meta keyword tag isn't used to define the quality score
Google Guy
12:46 PM
yes but make sure that it is there your landing page at least 5-7 times.
Me
12:46 PM
Ok
1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
June 2016

Re: Landing Page Experience Below Average. I don't have a clue why.

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Phillipe C,

I find it interesting that the Google rep actually has suggested increasing keyword density on the landing page. As far as I know: keyword density, meta, description and likes are SEO ranking factors and DO NOT directly influence landing page experience in AdWords. Please read more about LP experience and factors involved here

I couldn't translate the content to English, but I feel navigation and clear call to action is what is required. You might want to think in those lines.

Sumanth

Sumanth Sridhar

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you Sumanth.

I also find the google rep suggestion strange beacause what he tell me to do would decrease the user experience, and Google always tell us to make our landing page according to the user, and not to predefined criteria.

This page isn't in the main menu of the site, it is a page made only for this keyword that resumes info on other pages. Do you think that having a page that isn't used in the main navigation as a landing page can affect quality score ?

Thank you.

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
From my understanding, navigation is the ease of finding the required info. So there should be links pointing to this page, as well as links within this page, pointing to other parts of the site. It could be navigation menu, call to action, etc.

I'd look at what the user (searching the keyword) would like to find on the site and provide info or navigation accordingly.
Sumanth Sridhar