1.8K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Landing Page Experence for Photographer

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am a photographer and I would like to have my landing page be my homepage. I think this is best because it offers a large portfolio of my work. I am worried however that this will not give me good landing page experience (and overall rating) because there is no text, only full screen images and a menu bar.

Any suggestions? Do I need to make a landing page that also has text related to my photography and area?

Thanks!

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Landing Page Experence for Photographer

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Billy;

It  will be hard to comment unless you share your landing page.
Generally speaking, it is recommended that a landing page includes content (i.e. text) about the service / product offered, alongside a picture of the product.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for the reply.

My question more is: How much would it hurt me to use my homepage as the landing page? I understand a "landing page" if you are selling something, but for a photographer I think the homepage makes more sense. I just want to know how much it might hurt me?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
As said, without seeing the landing page - It would be hard to comment.
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Hi Billy,

You are selling something--your services. All the same stuff applies. If your homepage has very little or no text, the visitor is not going to know what desired action you want them to take. That is important if you want to get any work.

If I go to your site and I see only a lot of photos plus a navigation menu, I'm not going to know what you do or why you wanted me to visit your site. I'll look at a few pretty pictures and wander away. That's not what you want, is it?

How much will it hurt you? Probably not much in terms of QS, but I would imagine quite a bit in terms of sales.

Would I recommend a focused landing page to go along with your ads? Yes, I would. In addition, I would rethink the purpose of your home page. Is the purpose to showcase your work, or do you ultimately want to get work from your visitors. I would think it is the latter, otherwise why spend money advertising.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords