AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Lakatos Calling for Expert Advice >>> CR Query

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 1
Top Contributor

Hi Guys,

Greetings to Top Contributors and Rising Stars. Hope you are all doing well.

I'd need some community help because am not well versed regarding the connection between website design and CR values.

This is the client's website: http://www.careultima.com

The offer is a membership card that covers 17 major services at one low price for the entire family. I ran a short experimental campaign across 3-4 days, accrued 410 clicks but none of them converted though my working assumption was that CR should be at least 1%. Seems it isn't.

Regarding the trial campaign, I targeted the 17 separate services by 17 separate ad groups, one by one, and the ad copies were linked to the individual service pages as LPs.

Checked the clicks and they seem relevant as much as they can be in the initial few days of a campaign created from scratch. I also assume that the offer proper must be appealing to users. That's something that is beyond our expertise and where the client should be the expert.

The missing factor is the website and I suspect there should be a number of issues in the website preventing users from converting. I very much need your advice, to point out those mistakes one by one. The more the better. (Note that the website was originally built to assure client's web presence, marketing has been being done till very recently, via offline commission agents.)

So again, the more website issues you can point out, the better.

Thank you very much in advance.

Best,

Lakatos

4 Expert replyverified_user
4 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Lakatos
September 2015

Re: Lakatos Calling TCs and Rising Starts >>> CR Query

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

@Lakatos - Good morning!  I hope you're doing well.

I'm still looking at the website, but have a few preliminary thoughts.

When I click the "sign up" button, I'm taken to a page where I have to choose between three different plans. Some of the options for each plan are around the discounted services. Others seem to be about running a business (what is "Monthly commission" about?) and I'm confused about whether I'm signing up for a services discount program or becoming part of some kind of commission-based sales program?  

People looking at the discounted services don't want to feel like they're accidentally taking on a whole sales job! Right now, the sign-up page messaging is cluttered--it's not easily possible to figure out what you're buying.

You need these things to be separate--it's not attractive to the visitor to be hit with requests to sell a program before they've even decided to use it.

I'd suggest a much shorter list of plan elements, to encourage the initial sign-ups--in fact, I'd use pages that reflect only the basic Customers (Friends) plan as your sign-up pages for your basic advertising.

Move the other two columns to separate landing pages and advertise separately for people looking to make money on the side, looking for a new career path, etc.  

I'd use email-based advertising and inline messaging (on the "personal website") to encourage the upgrades and referrals once someone has signed up for the basic program. People are much more likely to upgrade once they've used the program and are happy with it.

Also, the plan naming is confusing--what's up with the Customers (Friends), Associate (Family), Customer & Associate (Friends & Family) categories? Why does every plan have two names--and why does the most-inclusive plan not have a unique name?  I don't know about anyone else's experience, but in my experience, a "Friends & Family plan" is a method where I can add friends and family members to some existing membership I have, at a discounted cost.  This website calling their sales program a "Friends & Family" plan is just confusing.

(Also, the home page of the site renders badly--there's something in the code for the Testimonials section that is stretching those columns down so that I have to scroll and scroll to get to the info at the bottom of the page. Although the site renders well otherwise on a mobile device, I get the same problem with those columns on my phone--I scroll and scroll through empty screens.)

~*~*~*~*~

Summary:  If you're advertising to find people who want to sign up for a program that provides themselves and their family with discounted services--use landing pages and sign-up pages that talk about those discounted services only.  Keep all other activity on separate pages and (if you want) advertise it separately.

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Lakatos!! So good to hear from you my friend.

I have a meeting coming up here shortly but you can count on some suggestions from me at some point today.

Just for clarification:

Are the individual service pages your landing pages like this one for Dental: http://careultima.com/careone/dental.html or are they separate/dedicated landing pages?

-Tommy
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Badged Google Partner
# 5
Badged Google Partner

Hello Larkos,

Looking at the http://careultima.com/careone/dental.html page as the LP example.

The top tag lines: Really doesn't tell me about what the offer is also is confusing is this B2B? I assume it B2C so you have to speak to the Individual..

Welcome to Care 's Care Ultima Personal Page

As a Care Ultima Family Member, I am fiercely determined to work for the extraordinary success of your business. I look forward to growing our business together!

The top tag lines should be the  sale language that includes the info:

Dental Care

15%-50% savings with Orthodontics, Endodontics & Periodontics.

Example:

Save 15%-50% on  Orthodontics, Endodontics & Periodontics.  The rising cost of dental care is alarming and can but at strain on any family budget.  The Care Utlma provides a low cost solution to gain large saving on your families dental needs.  Let us help you save anywhere from 15% to 50% on those expensive Dental procedures.   

Format the Phone number

Phone: 9723356970   

Phone 972-335-6970

However in the Video the number shown in 877-310-4070

and the footer shows 1-800-290-0523

Not a big fan of how these videos are displayed, The First one is a commercial which is fine, the second one starts with a Giant Disclaimer you can't even read.. Which is a Turn off. The spokes women is the video while attractive the accent can be a turn off depending upon the region in which you are marketing this product.  Some like video some don't  Some want the Facts so combination of Bullet points and One Video may be the solution?

I would A/B test a version with Just the Commercial video only, and a one with no videos just Bullet Points of Benefits

The Cost savings chart:

**Select Regional Average Cost   

better language would be Average Dental Costs

Sign up forms Step 1 of 6  that's daunting to say the least,, Looking at what info you want from the Start with Social Security Number, and then 5 more screens?

If you have a long Form, I found it best to show all so the user knows the commitment.. Do you have Analytics Funnel Data to show drop off POINT?

With the pay to name and SS  - seems like the Affiliate commission side T-Zook mentions and is a turn off Disconnect.   Redo the Sign up Forms

also a Theresa pointed out the difference of the Family and the Customer is not explained prior.  What am I signing up for an getting..? The prior saving chat doesn't mention anything about the different membership levels, and If you don't watch Videos ( maybe it was there) you need to clearly define the differences.  If I got to the sign up FORM and not knowing what plan to pick etc I drop off.

I also think there should be a Short FORM for Inquiries.. instead of the full Monty commitment of data info.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi Lakatos;

Great to hear from you. Smiley Happy

Two points from my side:

• I think there are some Policy issues about the claims made, as well as  insurance vs. Healthcare vs. discounted  (medical) services that are not  clear on the page,
  • Honestly the testimonials don't look authentic. I would remove them. Furthermore, I would abandon any site that the "message from the CEO " starts with a disclosure.

My view the home page needs  an update / refresh:  to clearly explain what the plan is about.  I would avoid  long videos  on the homepage. (You have one of 5mins... And the teaser "delivers" a  message  / creative for / of  an iPad clone.... Smiley Surprised )

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

@Lakatos - Good morning!  I hope you're doing well.

I'm still looking at the website, but have a few preliminary thoughts.

When I click the "sign up" button, I'm taken to a page where I have to choose between three different plans. Some of the options for each plan are around the discounted services. Others seem to be about running a business (what is "Monthly commission" about?) and I'm confused about whether I'm signing up for a services discount program or becoming part of some kind of commission-based sales program?  

People looking at the discounted services don't want to feel like they're accidentally taking on a whole sales job! Right now, the sign-up page messaging is cluttered--it's not easily possible to figure out what you're buying.

You need these things to be separate--it's not attractive to the visitor to be hit with requests to sell a program before they've even decided to use it.

I'd suggest a much shorter list of plan elements, to encourage the initial sign-ups--in fact, I'd use pages that reflect only the basic Customers (Friends) plan as your sign-up pages for your basic advertising.

Move the other two columns to separate landing pages and advertise separately for people looking to make money on the side, looking for a new career path, etc.  

I'd use email-based advertising and inline messaging (on the "personal website") to encourage the upgrades and referrals once someone has signed up for the basic program. People are much more likely to upgrade once they've used the program and are happy with it.

Also, the plan naming is confusing--what's up with the Customers (Friends), Associate (Family), Customer & Associate (Friends & Family) categories? Why does every plan have two names--and why does the most-inclusive plan not have a unique name?  I don't know about anyone else's experience, but in my experience, a "Friends & Family plan" is a method where I can add friends and family members to some existing membership I have, at a discounted cost.  This website calling their sales program a "Friends & Family" plan is just confusing.

(Also, the home page of the site renders badly--there's something in the code for the Testimonials section that is stretching those columns down so that I have to scroll and scroll to get to the info at the bottom of the page. Although the site renders well otherwise on a mobile device, I get the same problem with those columns on my phone--I scroll and scroll through empty screens.)

~*~*~*~*~

Summary:  If you're advertising to find people who want to sign up for a program that provides themselves and their family with discounted services--use landing pages and sign-up pages that talk about those discounted services only.  Keep all other activity on separate pages and (if you want) advertise it separately.

Theresa
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Lakatos!! So good to hear from you my friend.

I have a meeting coming up here shortly but you can count on some suggestions from me at some point today.

Just for clarification:

Are the individual service pages your landing pages like this one for Dental: http://careultima.com/careone/dental.html or are they separate/dedicated landing pages?

-Tommy
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Thanks a lot for your kind attention, Theresa and Tom ... Smiley Happy

>>> Are the individual service pages your landing pages like this one for Dental: http://careultima.com/careone/dental.html or are they separate/dedicated landing pages? <<<

Yep, I did not have much time for consideration regarding how to choose LPs. Therefore I used the pages like the one you posted. (They do not still have LPs specifically designed for conversions.)

Cheers,
Lakatos

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Badged Google Partner
# 5
Badged Google Partner

Hello Larkos,

Looking at the http://careultima.com/careone/dental.html page as the LP example.

The top tag lines: Really doesn't tell me about what the offer is also is confusing is this B2B? I assume it B2C so you have to speak to the Individual..

Welcome to Care 's Care Ultima Personal Page

As a Care Ultima Family Member, I am fiercely determined to work for the extraordinary success of your business. I look forward to growing our business together!

The top tag lines should be the  sale language that includes the info:

Dental Care

15%-50% savings with Orthodontics, Endodontics & Periodontics.

Example:

Save 15%-50% on  Orthodontics, Endodontics & Periodontics.  The rising cost of dental care is alarming and can but at strain on any family budget.  The Care Utlma provides a low cost solution to gain large saving on your families dental needs.  Let us help you save anywhere from 15% to 50% on those expensive Dental procedures.   

Format the Phone number

Phone: 9723356970   

Phone 972-335-6970

However in the Video the number shown in 877-310-4070

and the footer shows 1-800-290-0523

Not a big fan of how these videos are displayed, The First one is a commercial which is fine, the second one starts with a Giant Disclaimer you can't even read.. Which is a Turn off. The spokes women is the video while attractive the accent can be a turn off depending upon the region in which you are marketing this product.  Some like video some don't  Some want the Facts so combination of Bullet points and One Video may be the solution?

I would A/B test a version with Just the Commercial video only, and a one with no videos just Bullet Points of Benefits

The Cost savings chart:

**Select Regional Average Cost   

better language would be Average Dental Costs

Sign up forms Step 1 of 6  that's daunting to say the least,, Looking at what info you want from the Start with Social Security Number, and then 5 more screens?

If you have a long Form, I found it best to show all so the user knows the commitment.. Do you have Analytics Funnel Data to show drop off POINT?

With the pay to name and SS  - seems like the Affiliate commission side T-Zook mentions and is a turn off Disconnect.   Redo the Sign up Forms

also a Theresa pointed out the difference of the Family and the Customer is not explained prior.  What am I signing up for an getting..? The prior saving chat doesn't mention anything about the different membership levels, and If you don't watch Videos ( maybe it was there) you need to clearly define the differences.  If I got to the sign up FORM and not knowing what plan to pick etc I drop off.

I also think there should be a Short FORM for Inquiries.. instead of the full Monty commitment of data info.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi Lakatos;

Great to hear from you. Smiley Happy

Two points from my side:

• I think there are some Policy issues about the claims made, as well as  insurance vs. Healthcare vs. discounted  (medical) services that are not  clear on the page,
  • Honestly the testimonials don't look authentic. I would remove them. Furthermore, I would abandon any site that the "message from the CEO " starts with a disclosure.

My view the home page needs  an update / refresh:  to clearly explain what the plan is about.  I would avoid  long videos  on the homepage. (You have one of 5mins... And the teaser "delivers" a  message  / creative for / of  an iPad clone.... Smiley Surprised )

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Community Manager
# 7
Community Manager

Hi Lakatos,

Great to hear from you after a long time. Hope all's well.

Best,

Mini

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
Thanks Eric, Moshe, and Mini .... much appreciated ..Smiley Happy

Rising Star
# 9
Rising Star

Well, @Lakatos B ?

Is this the input you needed?

Theresa
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

Yeah, Theresa, kind of, thanks for asking.

I meant to collect some second opinion to get them to invest in a major overhaul of the site. Because I have some vested interest in them, unbiased third party arguments are always much more powerful than my own ones. The guys gave in and fortunately agreed to a major revamp.