Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Know what ads to mantain or delete

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I would like to know what ads should I mantain or delete, base on what indicators, so I can optimize costs and be effective 

Thanks,

Sara Cardoso

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sara C
September 2015

Re: Know what ads to mantain or delete

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Sara,

Very open question, which unfortunately means the answer is simply: it depends.

You need to know where you need to make improvements to which KPI's in order to make that call.

For Example:
Is the quality of your traffic low? In that case you actually do not want to be concentrating too much on your ads but rather your keywords, but your ads may need to ensure that you are qualifying/segmenting your traffic adequately. If you say have a luxury/niche product then maybe include price or mention of the fact that it is luxury/niche to avoid bargain hunters and such.

Is your quality of traffic high? Well then you obviously want to bring more of that traffic to your website so ensuring your ads resonate with your target audience and make them want to click. You will then look mostly at CTR and optimise along those lines.

In general though CTR would be the KPI you concentrate on the most, and in most cases this will be your strongest indicator of a good ad. Of course there are other factors and you need to realise that a high CTR does not always equate to a better ROI.

Relevancy is another factor to consider, make sure that your ads are highly relevant to the keywords that trigger them, this does not have its on KPI as such but CTR would again be a good indicator of this, and QS (relevancy component) will help here as well.

Remember also to consider conversion rates of the ads as well, as some ads with a lower CTR may be much better converters, due to the audience they attract in comparison to the other ad, so again this is another factor to consider.

In summation, you need to consider all factors and constantly be testing and looking at how users interact with the ad and what type of users those ads are bringing to your website. You also need to realise that they are not stand alone objects and need to be considered within the whole structure of your account especially in relation to keywords.

Good luck

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I will concentrate my attention in conversions and CTR and at the same time in the others indicators. I know there is not a simple answer.

Thank you so much, your answer was very usuful!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi!

Just one more question. When you say traffic low or high is about traffic in ads or keywords?

Thank you!
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sara C
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Sara,

I am talking about traffic through to your site. So both keywords and ads. To clarigy, it would be the traffic associated with that ad group.

Good luck

Know what ads to mantain or delete

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

How I can Advertishment free of cost on Google