AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

4.3K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Keywords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

When adding keywords should i be using the plurals of each word, such as inspection and inspections, is it best to use the singular or plural of words, should i be avoiding double words. Thanks

3 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
December 2015

Re: Keywords

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
There is No Need to add the Close variants keywords. Close Variants means, AdWords will show your ads on Singular, Plural words, Stemming, Misspellings, Acronyms, Abbreviation and Accents. AdWords shows your ads for close variations of your phrase and exact match keywords to maximize your potential to show your ads on relevant searches.
--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Keywords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

When adding keywords should i be using the plurals of each word, such as inspection and inspections, is it best to use the singular or plural of words, should i be avoiding double words. Thanks

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
December 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
There is No Need to add the Close variants keywords. Close Variants means, AdWords will show your ads on Singular, Plural words, Stemming, Misspellings, Acronyms, Abbreviation and Accents. AdWords shows your ads for close variations of your phrase and exact match keywords to maximize your potential to show your ads on relevant searches.
--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Which is better to use exact, phase or broad, and can you tell me where i adjust my cost per conversions. Thank you

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
It depends on your budget of the campaigns, But start with Exact / Phrase match type keywords. And you have large budget You can also add BMM (Broad Modifier Match Type) Keywords and check the search terms regularly add the negative keywords, when you find some search terms are strange or irrelevant.
I would not suggest you to choose Broad Match keywords.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi Tony;
Once you add a keyword close variants are already included (plurals are close variants),. No need to add them separately.

Edit: this question was asked twice. I merged both discussions.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you. I really appreciate you taking the time to answer my questions. In my keywords when i hover over the box near eligible and click on ad preview and diagnosis this shows up when i click preview ad. No, your ad is not showing for the keyword "home inspection" ( Campaign #1 > Ad Group #1
Your ads are set to show only to users in the locations you've chosen.What can I do?
Call only ad cannot show on platforms without calling capability. If i google home inspection i see my add

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
HI Tony D,

Use the Ad Preview and diagnosis tool to see if your ads are running. Set your location to within your target area.

I'm going to give you a different point of view on the singular/plural question. Many times the difference between the two can indicate search intent. Singular often indicates research intent while plural often indicates purchase intent. You may want to bid higher on the plural form. I normally suggest you add both to your account and closely monitor the performance.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords