AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.4K members online now
5.4K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Keywords with Geo Targeted Terms?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Can we use Geo targeted terms in keywords for real state sites? Is it beneficial or not?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Keywords with Geo Targeted Terms?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Reenu,

I would definitely suggest giving it a go if you have the time. To quickly imagine the perspective of someone who is looking to purchase property in London for example; if you see one generic ad which mentions real estate (or at the very best real estate in the UK) and then you see another ad which mentions real estate in London which are you most likely to select?

Now I know that is the ad content and you are asking about the keywords but let's say you are using dynamic keyword insertion on your ads combined with various geo targeted terms, you now have the opportunity to easily display some very relevant terms to prospective buyers.

The other thing to consider is that you might be targeting a radius around London  but what happens when someone up north wants to relocate further south in London? By having geo targeted keywords (along with the correct geo targeting settings) you still have the opportunity to display ads to them despite being outside of your London radius.

It's not necessarily always effective to include geo targeted terms but it's definitely worth a go in your industry, just make sure to monitor the results and compare them against the non geo targeted keywords.

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

Hi Reenu,

I think Geo targeted keywords are a great way to target audiences on the SERP. They can significantly increase the relevancy between your keyword & ad copy and attract your audience in a much better fashion.

As suggested by Scotty, do give DKI a try as it can greatly enhance your ad copy and maybe help you reach out to the most relevant of users out there.

If you wish to test these in your account before you can go full fledged with them, I suggest you create a separate adgroup and test them. See if you observe a spike in performance, follow up on your leads and give the test a good amount of time before you decide it is not working for you.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

Shashank

Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Thanks to all to give me a great response. But I have one confusion about it is that if we do targeting with geo-targetd area on location setting and use advance setting option for location then what we need to take geo terms in keywords. How long geo terms is beneficial with keywords in this case.

Badged Google Partner
# 5
Badged Google Partner
Reenu,

Along with the great advice above. You should also think about this in terms of Cost per Click, impressions and Return on investment.

To continue the LONDON scenario that is targeted via setting,

Your Ad group may be:

Real estate
Buy Real Estate
+london + real +estate
[London Real Estate]

Now lets say the Real Estate term cost 10 per click
But the exact match [London Real Estate] cost only 5 per click.

If your adgroups are in sync with your Ads, Kewyords and Landing pages, along with Ad Extensions - you should receive some decent quality scores.

If you an get cheaper targeted clicks, that convert. Why Not Go For it?
Test it out. if you get good QS and clicks that convert isn't that why we do this?

Your own data will determine if it is worthwhile or not, but having done many real estate accounts for clients. I always always always ad the Geo Location in the Ad, the Keywords and Landing paged that match... ( a least for several campaigns and ad groups) a bit extra work, but ROI is the name of the game.

Hope that helps
Eric G

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star

Hi Reenu,

As mentioned earlier, using geo targeted themes in an account will help you build relevance between your keywords, ad copies & the landing page. The key here is that you need to use such keywords along with ad copies that use DKI or have static headlines with the same location based Keywords in them.

Take a scenario where someone is searching for a real estate property within the geography that you have targeted in your campaign. For example lets take the same one as scotty did, suppose someone is looking for a real estate property in London but with more specific keywords like "real estate victoria", or "real estate liverpool street". Now if you were targeting just the generic keyword themes like "real estate" or "real estate property", etc your ad would be triggered here for your keywords and when a user clicks on the ad you will be charged the CPC for the keyword which would ideally be higher than the cpc that you would be charged if you were targeting specific location based keywords in your campaigns. Lower CPC's means lower costs and lower CPA's and for a lead gen campaign this is very important. So from a overall cost point of view these can help you a lot and are worth testing in the account.

Now from a user point of view take a scenario when your ad is triggered for such search queries but now you are targeting the same keyword themes as the search queries ( keywords with victoria or liverpool street in them) and you are using DKI in you ads or have used your location specific keywords in your ad's headline, then your ad would show up something like this:

Real Estate Victoria

Buy, Rent, Lease out..

Call us Now to Know More!

Yourwebsite.com/

Instead of showing your users a generic ad that has a headline that says "Real Estate Properties" you are showing more relevant ad copies to them which help them relate to your ads better and possibly entice them enough to make them click on you ad. Not only does this help you build relevance but if executed properly can also help you build your Quality Score (because of the relevance between the ad copies, keywords & landing page).

Overall, targeting such keyword themes can help you lower your cpc's (good possibility) and the overall CPA (eventually) and also help you record better qualified leads because you are showing your users more targeted ad copies with specific content in them.

Do let us know if you do give this a try.

Hope this help.

Cheers!

Shashank

Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Thanks Shashank to clear me each thing about geo terms.. Smiley Happy