AdWords
5.5K members online now
5.5K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Keywords tool: search by month, not 12 months?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My business is a seasonal business so I want to use the keyword tool to find the numbers for my specific months, no the 12 month average provided by default. Is this possible? Thanks!!

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Keywords tool: search by month, not 12 months?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello there;

This is a nice question;

The tool for that is Google trends

http://www.google.com/trends/?hl=en

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hey Deck d,

I generally use the Keyword tool. This gives me numbers for every month(as long as you are signed in).

GO to columns and select 'local search trends'. this provides you with a bar graph on the interface showing you the trend of the seasonality.

Once you download this report, this column is split into 12 columns, 1 for every month giving you a local search volume for each.

Hope this solves your issue!

Cheers,
Shweta

AdWords Top Contributor
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Accepted Solution’!

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@Shweta;

Can you recognize changes in that small graph?

On "trends" I get to see a "full screen" plot that clearly shows relative rends in numbers.

The graph on the "keyword tool" is actually one "imported" from "trends", but on a smaller scale.

Try it;

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

@Moshe,

I do love using Google Trends... but I'd rather use it to compare trends over the years or for different geo locations..

For the Keyword tool - you need to download the report. Once you do that, you get numbers for the volumes for the last 12 months, segmented by month.

Cheers,
Shweta

AdWords Top Contributor
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Accepted Solution’!