5.6K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Keywords in ad customizer feed not being recognized by Google

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

In one of my ad groups, I have an ad customizer in which one of the target keywords is, for example, "Bassett sofa." But when I enter "Bassett sofa" in the Ad Preview & Diagnosis tool, it says "No, your ad is not showing for the keyword wing chairs." And the message shows an ad group different from the one in which I have the ad customizer.

There are no errors in my ad customizer feed. What could the problem(s) be? Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author onbeta
March 2016

Re: Keywords in ad customizer feed not being recognized by Google

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Onberta,

Try logging out of your AdWords Account and clearing your cookies and cache.  Then, log back in and try the Ad Preview Tool and search again for your Keyword.

In regards to your Keywords, are you bidding directly on the Keyword you're searching for in the Ad Preview tool?  To be honest, I don't think it's an issue with your Ad Customizer feed, but I'd guess it has to more to do with the Keywords you're bidding on and how you've set up your Max CPC Bids.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author onbeta
March 2016

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Onberta,

Try logging out of your AdWords Account and clearing your cookies and cache.  Then, log back in and try the Ad Preview Tool and search again for your Keyword.

In regards to your Keywords, are you bidding directly on the Keyword you're searching for in the Ad Preview tool?  To be honest, I don't think it's an issue with your Ad Customizer feed, but I'd guess it has to more to do with the Keywords you're bidding on and how you've set up your Max CPC Bids.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Brian,
Thanks for your advice. I increased the bid amounts and tweaked the keywords a bit, and the ads have started showing. Kudos to you!