AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.3K members online now
1.3K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Keywords for Search Network & Not Related to Display Network

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I would like to set keywords for my Ad Group to use it in search network but not use in display network, How can do it while my setting Search Network & Display Network (All Features)?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by JulianaS (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: Keywords for Search Network & Not Related to Display Network

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

For hybrid campaigns targeting the Search & Display networks, keywords selected for the search network will be used as display keywords. While you cannot chose to select the keywords just for search, you are able to bid differently on these keywords on Display only by changing your Display network bid.

As a best practice we do recommend setting up separate campaigns for each network in an effort to have increased control on keyword selection and budget. The separate campaigns will help accomplish your goal. Let me know if you have any other questions. I'd be happy to help. 

Juliana S. 

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by JulianaS (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: Keywords for Search Network & Not Related to Display Network

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

For hybrid campaigns targeting the Search & Display networks, keywords selected for the search network will be used as display keywords. While you cannot chose to select the keywords just for search, you are able to bid differently on these keywords on Display only by changing your Display network bid.

As a best practice we do recommend setting up separate campaigns for each network in an effort to have increased control on keyword selection and budget. The separate campaigns will help accomplish your goal. Let me know if you have any other questions. I'd be happy to help. 

Juliana S.