AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.9K members online now
3.9K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Keywords cost estimation

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,

Need a expert and clear view about how google estimate cpc for which match type keyword.

like i have seen for the "abc" keyword somewhere it charged 10 rs and somewhere it charged 20 rs. i know its all because of the competition that time. still what match type will be preferable to reduce cpc. Obviously setting match type  depend upon the situation of business, but  if i took "abc" and search query is "abc in india". so should i add it in my targeted keywords or not. as i already targeted "abc" and that is enough to trigger my ad. or if i will add "abc in india" it conflicts ?? or if not then taking both keywords will help me in decrease my cpc. 

and also give suggestion, which match type gives low cpc , broad or exact or phrase or modifier???

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Eric Gehler (Badged Google Partner)
December 2015

Re: Keywords cost estimation

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Swati,

Your ads are ranked based on different metrics like cpc bid, quality score and how well the ad extensions are being used inside the account.

The high the quality score, the low bid it would be requiring to be in the competition and higher the ad rank would be. 

Ideally you should be bidding highest for Exact match, then for phrase, then for broad modifiers and least for broad match types. It's basically the more restrictive the keyword match types, high you should be bidding.

Ideally if the Ad Rank improves gradually, you will see average cost per click going down.

I would also suggest you to go through this help center document where it is explained how similar keywords are matched to search terms:- https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2756257?hl=en

Hope this helps!

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Eric Gehler (Badged Google Partner)
December 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Swati,

Your ads are ranked based on different metrics like cpc bid, quality score and how well the ad extensions are being used inside the account.

The high the quality score, the low bid it would be requiring to be in the competition and higher the ad rank would be. 

Ideally you should be bidding highest for Exact match, then for phrase, then for broad modifiers and least for broad match types. It's basically the more restrictive the keyword match types, high you should be bidding.

Ideally if the Ad Rank improves gradually, you will see average cost per click going down.

I would also suggest you to go through this help center document where it is explained how similar keywords are matched to search terms:- https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2756257?hl=en

Hope this helps!

Pankaj

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Swati,

If you are adding keywords "abc" to target "abc in india" it will trigger as higher cpc. As in my experience you can add keywords like "abc in india", +abc in +india, +abc for +india to get more quality score and low cpc for the same search terms.
Exact types always cost more than BMM and Broad. you can follow this sequence-
Exact >> BMM >> Phrase
reason behind this strategy is exact match keywords are absolute related to your business. it trigger only search terms which are closely related(close variant like misspell) to keywords.
Broad match can trigger any search query which contain keyword's word. If you want to add keyword as "broad" i suggest you to prepare a better solid all possible negative keywords list and apply it to campaign to avoid irrelevant search terms

Hope it helps!

Community Manager
# 4
Community Manager
Hi manoj,

Just to provide a small point of clarification to your answer, Exact match keywords are not always more expensive than other match types. That depends on a huge number of factors, from location and language targeting, to device, to the industry of the business itself. I've worked with advertisers who pay much less for Exact match terms because their competitors are not bidding on those terms, and I've worked with advertisers whose Exact match terms are far more expensive. So there is no one rule.

Hope this helps!
Cassie