AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Keywords Targeting ads from different ad group

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, 

I have a campaign lets say ABCD. I am targeting keywords ACB in one ad group & BC in another ad group where keyword insertion ads are running. Now My problem ad from Keyword insertion adgroup targeting keyword ACB.which ultimately decrease ad relevancy. How should I approach?

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Keywords Targeting ads from different ad group

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Akshay,

To stop search queries you are targeting in one ad group, triggering ads in another, use negative keywords.

In the BC ad group make a negative keyword that is ACB.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi @Akshay K

In addition to what already advised...

If you have more than one term in the keyword, make sure to avoid broad match negative . Instead, keep it in phrase match. Something like "a c b".

Thanks
Ratan Jha
Join me on Google+   |   Twitter

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC.
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Akshay K,

If the ad from keyword insertion group is showing a decrease in ad relevancy that means the combination of the keyword and the ad are getting a lower CTR than your competition. Rewrite your ad, or split the keyword to it's own ad group and write copy more specific to the keyword. Check your impression share and lost impression share due to rank to confirm this.

Best of Luck,

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Akshay,

If keywords in different groups are similar to the search term, Google considers multiple factors to decide for the keyword which is to be used to trigger ads.

These include how closely your search term is matching with the keyword or whether it's a exact match type or other or who has better ad-rank.

You can find the more information herehttps://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2756257?hl=en

Apart from including negative keyword in the un-desired ad-group as suggested by @RobSkelton, you can also change the bids to trigger the ads from desired Ad-group's keywords.