AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.5K members online now
5.5K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Keywords Removed Automatically from Adgroup

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,

I have recently changed the ad landing page of my adgroup ad, & after it went for approval i can see many of my keywords got Removed status.

Can anyone help why this happened?

Thanks

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Keywords Removed Automatically from Adgroup

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi,

If you have made changes to your current ads without copying them then those ads will show the same status but not the keywords.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi @Archit,

Thou i made changes to the current ad, it went for approval & then approved.
I was having eg 30 keywords from those 30 20 are with Removed status.

As per you it would be then all keywords set with removed status. rite?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Can you attach a screenshot making your personal and other useful details blurred.

Regards
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Hi @Fahad S,

You are right. Ideally, if you made changes to your ad, your keywords should not have gotten removed. There is no connection with changing ads and a keyword status.
Does someone else have access to your account? You may want to chk your change history to identify who made those changes and when.
Heres how you see change history - https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2454137?hl=en

Hope this helps!
Cheers,
Shweta

AdWords Top Contributor
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Accepted Solution’!

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Either you have changed the current ads also or someone else did it.
But any change within the ads will not change or remove your keywords until you have edited the keywords also.

Regards

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi @Archit & @ShroffS

Thanks for the detailed response. Its solved of the teammate changed the match types of all keywords which resulted in this situation.

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
Its good to hear.
Please make sure that not to edit the current ads and keywords instead make a copy and pause the previous ones otherwise you will loose the historical data.

Regards