AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Keywords Performance

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

I am facing a major issue in some AD regarding keywords performance. it is also hurt the quality of ADs How to improve Quality Score of a low performing keywords?KeywordsQS.png

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Keywords Performance

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Clal,

What are you trying to advertise? Are you choosing the right keywords? Do you have the keywords as a content in your landing page? Is there relevancy between your keywords and landing page content? did you try with all different kind of match type?

Robin

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Robin,

Thanks for answer, Obviously I am fulfilling to the required condition of running an AD.

Ya, I have chosen right keywords which brings required traffic. And keywords are relevant according to landing page and AD text but still facing keywords Quality issue. Currently I am using exact and phrase match type in this ad group. Keywords are thematic and relevant to page.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Clal,

Based on the shared stats, I would not say your keywords are performing poorly. Avg CTR is 7.92% and avg position is 1.8. Those values are rather better than average.

Keyword quality scores are often low because they were historically used poorly by others in the past. Your case seems different and hence you should not pay much attention to QS as long as your other metrics like CPA and ROAS are okay. Focus on your bottom line instead.

Best,
Lakatos

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Since how long you are running this campaign?

Robin

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Hi Clal,

As mentioned by Lakatos, the keywords performance in the picture can not be considered as poor.

Though the low QS will alter your avg CPC bid but you can try further optimisation to improve it.
You can further segment your ad groups with more tightly themed keywords, it will improve your QS.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
If Clal maintains the current nice CTR values, chances are QS will improve on its own over time. - Lakatos

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,
First hover your cursor over the bubble (status tab) and check Expected CTR, Ad Relevance & Landing Page. If you find either of them below average/average then try to improve them. Try restricted match type.

I will suggest you to go through this old post and see all the suggestions specially @AdWiser suggestion --https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Performance-Optimization/Higher-than-10-CTR-but-lower-than...

Hope this helps.

Thanks