AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Keyword with low quality score is getting more impressions?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I am running singular and plural of a keyword and I have noticed that singular keyword has QS of 3 and the plural has QS of 7. Despite the low quality score the singular keyword is getting 97% of total impressions. Can a KW with quality score as low as 3 can get good number of impressions?

Richa

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Keyword with low quality score is getting more impressions?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@RichaAgarwal;

Are you bidding higher on the singular - this could be the case. ( The KW which triggers the ad will be the one with the highest ad-rank)

It could also be that since  close variants are included, in the no matter which match type you use,  the 2 keywords compete.   Check the search terms report to see it if next to the singular KW  a "close variant" is noted. (Meaning: a close variant of the singular, e.g., plural, triggered the ad.)

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Richa,

What are the match types of your keywords? That could have a big impact on how this all works.

Best of Luck?

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

The match type is exact. Is there any way that I can stop the close variants.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Sadly, No! You can add negative keyword at adgroup level if you have keywords in different adgroups.
Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’