AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Keyword with low quality score is getting more impressions?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I am running singular and plural of a keyword and I have noticed that singular keyword has QS of 3 and the plural has QS of 7. Despite the low quality score the singular keyword is getting 97% of total impressions. Can a KW with quality score as low as 3 can get good number of impressions?

Richa

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Keyword with low quality score is getting more impressions?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@RichaAgarwal;

Are you bidding higher on the singular - this could be the case. ( The KW which triggers the ad will be the one with the highest ad-rank)

It could also be that since  close variants are included, in the no matter which match type you use,  the 2 keywords compete.   Check the search terms report to see it if next to the singular KW  a "close variant" is noted. (Meaning: a close variant of the singular, e.g., plural, triggered the ad.)

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Richa,

What are the match types of your keywords? That could have a big impact on how this all works.

Best of Luck?

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

The match type is exact. Is there any way that I can stop the close variants.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Sadly, No! You can add negative keyword at adgroup level if you have keywords in different adgroups.
Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’