Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Keyword used by another ad

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I've been using Adwords for little under a year now, I've had some good results - but paused for a while to try other methods of advertising my business.

Yesterday I went back to my campaign, it wasn't running because my balance was depleted, so I made a payment. I then went to see if the keywords were still okay, but to my surprise they wouldn't run. I ran the Keyword Diagnoses which gave me this:

"Your ad isn't being shown for this keyword because there may be other ads within your account that are ranked higher and have similar keywords."

or

"There could be a number of reasons.."

or

"This keyword is not triggering any ads..."

Because of this I thought I'd just delete my campaign and create a new one because I'd do it anyway a bit later. After doing this still NONE of my keywords would work. So I deleted it again and created a campaign advertising something totally different (just to see if it works) with random keywords and ads, some of the keywords then worked.

So, where should I go from here? I don't really want to cancel my account and create a new one, since the whole refund process will have to go through.

Is there something I'm missing? Does deleting a campaign not delete it's keywords? Why does it say there are similar keywords when there is only one keyword (either active or really only one in my campaign)

Thanks for any help, I'd like to get back out there soon!

Giovanni.

Re: Keyword used by another ad

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Somehow it's now working. Waiting perhaps?

Re: Keyword used by another ad

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Giovanni J

I never experience something like this before, but since you said new keywords are working fine on the account, Can you retry the Campaign with the keywords that is not working again on the same account. If the problem still occur, then i would refer you to AdWords customer care, contact them and explain it to anyone that attends to you. I believe they should be able to help. 

This is the contact to Adwords customer center: Call us at: 866-246-6453, Help center: https://adwords.google.com/help, And https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1385067?&hl=en_US.

Make sure you know your Customer ID, its important, it's at the top right hand side of your Adwords account.

Cheers and Always Be Good

David