Guide Me
star_border

Keyword suggestions

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Clynton

Hope your fine 

If i am going to search "Buy Online Gift Sets" no monthly searches and no suggested bid in google adwords keyword planner but when i am going to search same keyword google.com no of ads are running. Is it Possible without any bid all ads are running

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Keyword suggestions

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi venkatesh,

I've just tried performing the same forecast at both a global scale and for the UK but like you I'm not getting any statistics. It's not the most targeted term but I would have still thought that it would have a volume searches each month so I'm not sure why this is the case.

Either way, I don't believe this is the reality and I also want to confirm that bids are always required to run ads. The competitors you see on your google.com search will still be paying for traffic.

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello,

I am not Clynton, but if I may jump in here and to back with my friend Scott's post above, I would like to add that these tools might not provide the accurate data as these values are statistics based on the historical data of how those keywords or terms would have performed in the past. We shouldn't go with these values blindly. I would encourage you to read this reference for more details: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/3022575?hl=en

On the contrary, sometimes, we have to try different other terms on our own which we think are going to be beneficial for our business website.

Apart from Keyword planner, did you try using Google Trendswww.google.com/trends. This would also give you some sort of suggestions as which terms are popular and in which part of the world.

My 2 cents!

Pankaj

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Hi Venkatesh,

To add to what Scotty & Pankaj have said here. Keyword planner would give you an aggregated data on individual data ( historically recorded over time), if a keyword was not so popular or was not used by advertisers in the past, you may not get too much data on the same or may be even no data at times. But when you use the same keyword in your account, you may end recording substantial data for the same.

As Pankaj said, you cannot rely on the data you get from the planner but can only use it to understand estimated numbers you can hope to record in your account. In my experience, the numbers from planner and actual numbers vary vastly and then you end up optimizing your themes either to reach the estimated numbers or to even tone down the visibility to control spends at times.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

Shashank
Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"