4.6K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Keyword suggestion & bidding

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

If i am going to search "Buy Online Gift Sets" no monthly searches and no suggested bid in google adwords keyword planner but when i am going to search same keyword google.com no of ads are running. Is it Possible without any bid all ads are running

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author venkatesh s
September 2015

Re: Keyword suggestion & bidding

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Venkatesh,

To add to Deepak's advice, if there isn't enough search volume for the keyword that you want to target, Google won't show ads for it. That's how you can search something and not see any ads, even if you are bidding on it. If that's the case you will see a "low search volume" message in the status column beside your keyword. You can read more about that, here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2616014?hl=en

You should consider adding in different keywords to try to find terms with more search volume. As Deepak mentioned, you could try terms like "gift sets" or "buy gift sets". Testing modified broad is also a good idea.

If you are using phrase or exact match, I would suggest moving online toward the end of your keyword, so for instance "Buy Gift Sets Online" or [Buy Gift Sets Online] I would also try different terms for buy, such as order, purchase and shop for.

Can buyers ship the gift set to a recipient? If so, you could try "send gift set online" or something along those lines.

If you can get more specific about what you sell, that will help make sure customers are relevant. Think about what you include in your gift sets and try creating keywords around that.

Good luck!

View solution in original post

keyword suggestion & Bidding

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
If i am going to search "Buy Online Gift Sets" no monthly searches and no suggested bid in google adwords keyword planner but when i am going to search same keyword google.com no of ads are running. Is it Possible without any bid all ads are running

Re: keyword suggestion & Bidding

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Venkatesh,

You will see a dash (-) If the tool don't have enough data for a specific search term.

There won't be enough statistics available for the keyword phrase that you used, but it can trigger ads from any accounts with the following keywords in phrase, modified broad or broad match.

online gift sets
gift sets
gift

Deepak

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
modified broad means what?

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Go through the information in the link below to know more about Adwords keyword matching options.

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2497836?hl=en
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author venkatesh s
September 2015

Re: Keyword suggestion & bidding

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Venkatesh,

To add to Deepak's advice, if there isn't enough search volume for the keyword that you want to target, Google won't show ads for it. That's how you can search something and not see any ads, even if you are bidding on it. If that's the case you will see a "low search volume" message in the status column beside your keyword. You can read more about that, here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2616014?hl=en

You should consider adding in different keywords to try to find terms with more search volume. As Deepak mentioned, you could try terms like "gift sets" or "buy gift sets". Testing modified broad is also a good idea.

If you are using phrase or exact match, I would suggest moving online toward the end of your keyword, so for instance "Buy Gift Sets Online" or [Buy Gift Sets Online] I would also try different terms for buy, such as order, purchase and shop for.

Can buyers ship the gift set to a recipient? If so, you could try "send gift set online" or something along those lines.

If you can get more specific about what you sell, that will help make sure customers are relevant. Think about what you include in your gift sets and try creating keywords around that.

Good luck!