AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Keyword search correlation to landing page

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello

I assume for high bounce rate pages that people are not seeing what they expect on landing pages.

So I am trying to determine what keyword searches bring people to which landing pages.

However organic and paid keyword and landing page reports is not very useful because keyword is mostly content targeting.

landing page.JPG

How can I get a picture of what searches bring people to which pages?

Thanks

2 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author markjl
September 2015

Re: Keyword search correlation to landing page

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Mark, there's probably another way to do this but I'd do it in AdWords rather than Analytics.  You could add the Bounce Rate column to your Ad Group/Keyword Tabs and then sort by the BR, this would show you which Keywords had the worst BR and you can then track back to the Destination URL of the Ads in that Group.  OK, so it's not giving you the actual search terms used but it's a good start.

This is assuming, of course, that you've got AdWords and Analytics properly linked... I'm a bit worried by the (not set) you're showing in your screenshot... 

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi markjl,

Your AdWords and Analytics accounts must be properly linked before you can add the column. You'll find it under Customize Columns/Google Analytics/Bounce Rate.

Also available are Avg. Visit Duration, pages per visit and %new visits.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Mark, there's probably another way to do this but I'd do it in AdWords rather than Analytics.  You could add the Bounce Rate column to your Ad Group/Keyword Tabs and then sort by the BR, this would show you which Keywords had the worst BR and you can then track back to the Destination URL of the Ads in that Group.  OK, so it's not giving you the actual search terms used but it's a good start.

This is assuming, of course, that you've got AdWords and Analytics properly linked... I'm a bit worried by the (not set) you're showing in your screenshot... 

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi, thanks Cobnut, I thought of this but it doesn't seem that BR column is available in Adwords
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi markjl,

Your AdWords and Analytics accounts must be properly linked before you can add the column. You'll find it under Customize Columns/Google Analytics/Bounce Rate.

Also available are Avg. Visit Duration, pages per visit and %new visits.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Fantastic I didn't know about the backward linking. Got bounce rate now. Brilliant. Many thanks