Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Keyword prevent target location

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all,

Just a quick questions on automatic keywords targeting of Adwords. Recently, i have set my location targeting as Vietnam and running KWs like "studying oversea in Australia", and i received the notification: "The location terms in this keyword can affect where your ads show. Location: Australia" which caused my ads not showing in Vietnam.

Are there any way to prevent this happen? given that i have chosen: "People in my targeted location" 

Thanks guys

1 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Hung D
September 2015

Re: Keyword prevent target location

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Hung,
Welcome to the Adwords community !
You don't need to worry on this notification, Because this notification showing you only those keywords which contains Australia as a "keywords+geographic" not showing ads. But actual this is not issue because your targeting location is Vietnam. If you want to confirm whether your ads showing or not check in Google Ads preview tool.
---
Thanks,
Jitender

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Hung,

Welcome to the community.

This is an error that you should ignore because google shows this when you have geo specific keywords but as you said that you have chosen location settings as "People in my targeted location" So, there would be no issues for the same.

Regards,
Rupesh

View solution in original post

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Hung,

Welcome to the Community!

This is a notification that your ads are shown only in selected locations, due to location specific keywords. If you're strictly looking for traffic from Vietnam, you can select 'people in my targeted location' under settings>advanced location options. This ensures your ads are shown to users physically located in Vietnam.\\

Hope that helps!

Good luck,
Sumanth
Sumanth Sridhar
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Hung,
Welcome to the Adwords community !
You don't need to worry on this notification, Because this notification showing you only those keywords which contains Australia as a "keywords+geographic" not showing ads. But actual this is not issue because your targeting location is Vietnam. If you want to confirm whether your ads showing or not check in Google Ads preview tool.
---
Thanks,
Jitender
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Hung,

Welcome to the community.

This is an error that you should ignore because google shows this when you have geo specific keywords but as you said that you have chosen location settings as "People in my targeted location" So, there would be no issues for the same.

Regards,
Rupesh

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
thanks mate

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Rupesh Chhabra

I have little confusion

I want to display my ads in Australia only...

I have created one Ad Group and some of keyword include “India” word.... Like, Shopify developer India. In this keyword my ad is displaying properly (on 1st page)

BUT

I am confused because, on another side I have created another Ad Group and I have also targeted some of keyword that includes “India” word.... Then why I can’t see my ad properly on 1st page?

It shows following message:

The location terms in this keyword can affect where your ads show. Location India

Quality Score is 9/10

You can see other details in below images.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8TGC0s25myibEhNSENLMXJjd1U/view
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8TGC0s25myiMldPLXVXZzM3NkE/view

Please help me...