Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Keyword misspellings - own ad group?

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello and welcome,

A small addition I would like to include here that in case you are targeting phrase and exact matches, chances are that they are automatically eligible for the close variants which include misspellings, singular, plural etc...Of course in case you have turned it off (keyword matching options),then it's a different scenario.

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2497836

Just a thought!

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Hack 7,

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

I believe creating a separate ad group for misspelled keywords is a good idea, you can monitor the performance very closely.

This will be very helpful if you use Dynamic Keyword Insertion.

Never use DKI with your misspelled keywords ad group, otherwise your ad may show up with a misspelling.

A personal opinion though,

Hope this helps,

Info

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello and welcome,

A small addition I would like to include here that in case you are targeting phrase and exact matches, chances are that they are automatically eligible for the close variants which include misspellings, singular, plural etc...Of course in case you have turned it off (keyword matching options),then it's a different scenario.

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2497836

Just a thought!

Pankaj

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi,

If you keep the present default keyword option Include plurals, misspellings, and other close variants, your keywords will be automatically eligible for close variants (misspellings, singular, plural).

But your average CPC will be much higher for these clicks than the clicks you get from an exact misspelled keyword in your account triggering your ad.

You can analyse this from new search terms report along with the triggered keywords and comparing their average CPC (Exact mispelled keyword triggered ad VS close variant triggered ad)

Info