AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Keyword match types

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I know my targeted keywords from my learnings and am using exact match and to discover new keywords possibilities am using broad match modifier.

Does it have any effect on any of the factors, is it a good way to approach when I know my business keywords

Please share your thoughts.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Pramod M
June 2017

Keyword match types

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Yes, you may go with 5-6 per ad group with different combinations and analyse which search queries are providing most of the conversions which you can use with a more restricted keyword match type with higher bids.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

View solution in original post

Keyword match types

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Pramod M,

If you are using same keywords in both the match types, I would recommend to bid lower for the BMM. Otherwise, exact match keyword will rarely participate in the real time auction with other competitors and you will be paying more for the same.

Regards
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Keyword match types

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Archit,

Thank you very much for the reply. I am thinking to go with 2 or 3 broad match modifier keywords to eliminate uncertainties.  What are your thoughts?

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Pramod M
June 2017

Keyword match types

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Yes, you may go with 5-6 per ad group with different combinations and analyse which search queries are providing most of the conversions which you can use with a more restricted keyword match type with higher bids.

Regards