Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Keyword insertion capitalisation

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I'd like to know if there's a way to obtain specific capitalisation using Keyword Insertion.

For example, if my keyword is "buy shoes in derby", I'd like it to appear as "Buy Shoes in Derby".

Using KeyWord I only capitalise the first letter of each word, but I would like to avoid the word "in" to be capitalised.

Although I know Google doesn't distinct between capital and lower letters, I thought I could insert my keywords as "Buy Shoes in Derby" and then just use {Keyword:...}. Unfortunately Keyword shows everything as lower letter.

Is there a way to do what I want?

Many thanks for any suggestion.

S

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Keyword insertion capitalisation

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi MCC_CTM,

Great question!

We had the same issue with some of our clients. For one of our shoe retailers in Miami for the adgroup "nike" with keywords such as "nike shoes", "nike hightops", and "Airforce ones" we would set the insertion code as follows {KeyWord:Nike Shoes} in Miami. 

I hope this is helpful!

Best,

Stefan T. Martinez

Best,

Stefan Martinez
-- Not an AdWords expert, just a student eager to learn more...

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello;

Here are all the "do's and don't do"  for capitalization

Capitalization

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Basically if you use {Keyword:} the first letter only will be capitalized - Use {KeyWord:} and all words will be capitalized.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Here is another helpful link;

keyword insertion capitalization guidelines;

http://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2454041?hl=en

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

thank you all for your replies and suggestions.

@MosheTLV - Thanks for the links, I am aware of all guidelines, etc. and re-read them all before posting. Main reason for asking is to discover whether somebody found a solution to this problem or not. I believe it would be great if there was the possibility to have the right capitalisation in place with the keywords insertion.

I have used "buy shoes in derby" just as an example and I was trying to find out if there was a solution when you can't avoid using "in somewhere" (or other little words) in your keywords.

Anyway thank you again for all links and suggestions! Smiley Happy