AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.2K members online now
3.2K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Keyword in Ad Copy

MK
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
MK
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm trying to figure out how much of an impact does keyword on Adcopy makes?

Do you have clues?

- Does the KW has to appear on the main headline?

- How about if I bid more for a first/second spot and make the second line appear with the first line (with a period at the end?)

- Can I not have any search KW appear on the ADd text and still get better Quality scores?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Alys (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: Keyword in Ad Copy

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hey MK,

Best practice always suggest that you insert your keywords in the ad text. Put yourself in the shoes of the searcher. You search for 'red widgets' and are shown an ad that does not have the text 'red widgets' anywhere on it. You're most likely not going to click the ad because its not related to what you searched for.

The headline is a great place to put targeted keywords but not necessarily always the best. I would suggest testing different variations to see which provides the best results.

I would suggest reading the below articles:

Ad Text Tips by pankaj1782 

Tips for Creating Successful Text Ads

Thanks,

BI

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Alys (Google Employee)
September 2015

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hey MK,

Best practice always suggest that you insert your keywords in the ad text. Put yourself in the shoes of the searcher. You search for 'red widgets' and are shown an ad that does not have the text 'red widgets' anywhere on it. You're most likely not going to click the ad because its not related to what you searched for.

The headline is a great place to put targeted keywords but not necessarily always the best. I would suggest testing different variations to see which provides the best results.

I would suggest reading the below articles:

Ad Text Tips by pankaj1782 

Tips for Creating Successful Text Ads

Thanks,

BI

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Don't forget that the Display URL is also a part of the ad text. If you think your ad copy is strong w/o the keyword, try including it in the Display URL. Example:

domain/keyword

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi MK,

In my experience ....

- Does the KW has to appear on the main headline?

Ans: Ads will get first impact only when ad's title have search quiery as its bold the words.

- How about if I bid more for a first/second spot and make the second line appear with the first line (with a period at the end?)

Ans: Always make the description lines about the services, benefits, offers etc ... for the product which you saying on title.

- Can I not have any search KW appear on the ADd text and still get better Quality scores?

Ans: You can try keyword tag on title i.e {KeyWord:}. But you need to practise on this because as you know title limits to 25 characters and if the search query has more characters it will not show the search KW on title.

I hope these info will help you.

Thank You,

Sam