Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Keyword bid - New Feature?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hey Guys,

I have come across this feature in Adwords when i go to adjust a bid that I cannot find any info about. Now, the box that pops up sometimes includes "on the first page of search results" or "above all organic results" with estimated bids for those two metrics, in addition to my current bid. Essentially, it is the same metrics you can access by customizing your columns, but now it is right in the same box when you click to adjust a keyword bid.

doc 1.png

Is this a new feature or a very old feature that I have somehow just now stumbled across? For some reason, it is only in a handful of my accounts. If it is old, what did i somehow unknowingly do to turn it on because i have actually became accustomed to it and would prefer it in all my accounts? Or, is this a new feature that they are only rolling out to a selection of accounts at this time?

Thanks for any help you guys can provide!

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Robby H
June

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Robby H,

This is a new feature being tested and not available in all accounts at this time. Several of our accounts have it... and several do not... but we do like it so far. And it makes bid adjustment super fast. 

Great find... keep your eye out for more features rolled out.

All the Best,

James 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

How did you add this picture/screen shot?

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Good to know i can be expecting it in the rest of our accounts at some point in the future. It is a nice addition.

Thanks for the reply @J Clemens!

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

@Ray E

I just utilized the insert photo icon when i created the thread. It's in the toolbar at the top of your message window when you are posting a new thread.

Hope that helps!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the response. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've been waiting for this feature to be added to my biggest accounts and it has not been yet. Only my little ones. Wondering if there is a way to have a google rep turn this on for me?

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hi,

There is no way to request this or any features. As the systems works through CID (customer account numbers), access to the new AdWords experience... and more are added. I still have many accounts that do not have the above keyword bid feature, and I have some accounts that have a hybrid where it has a box similar to it but not the automated click one button part, and I have some accounts that have neither and still use the classic way. 

We all must wait a little longer for everything to catch up. 

All the Best,

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for your reply James. BTW I'm not a big fan of the new "experience" at all. I feel like we're going to have spend a year re-learning how to use adwords (who has that time?). I'm still in classic as well. 

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

Hi Mich-Mosh,

Your are very welcome.

There is much work underway regarding the entire infrastructure of the new (Beta) AdWords experience. We are not able to give a definitive timeline at this time, however it has been stated that the 'goal' is for all users across the globe to have access to the new AdWords experience by December 31, 2017. After that monumental task is completed, we will see, sometime in 2018, that the previous (classic) AdWords experience will be retired and access removed for all users. There is no known date or time when we will cross that threshold.  

As you may already know, some features are exclusive to the new and some of our most-loved features of the previous are not yet present... but are coming? You can use this information to see a comparison. And this information is the in-progress help files dedicated to the new AdWords experience. This info should be highly studied and put to use within any accounts with access to the new. All of the information will be updated and built up as time rolls forward... so check it every so often. 

Personal Opinion Only/not official: When I consider all of the above info, I am willing to "guesstimate" that there will be big changes to all of the AdWords infrastructure through the holidays and by the end of December 2017, the bid feature you want ...and everything else and more... should be present in all of your accounts.

I currently spend 50% of the time in the new and 50% in the previous to bring myself to the new.

I encourage everyone to spend some time in both and to prepare for the future of AdWords that is coming... which is sometime in 2018. Now is the best time to jump back and forth. Yes, we can go back and forth all we want for now, so give it a try and do some tasks and then when you need/want to, go back to the previous.  

Kind Regards,

James