Guide Me
star_border

Keyword and landing page URL

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello!

We all know that it is a good thing to have your keyword in Display URL.

Now, is it good for QS to have a keyword in the landing page URL?

Ex. your KW is "transmission repair", so your URL may look like this:

http://joessuperautorepair.com/transmission_repair/page1.html

Thank you!

D

Re: Keyword and landing page URL

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hey Dmitry,

I'll just copy & paste from Google's Help Center:

1. "The quality of your landing page: How relevant, transparent, and easy-to-navigate your page is"

2. "Include specific keywords that directly relate to the specific theme of your ad group and landing page. It's often more effective to use keywords that are two or three words long instead of just single words."

I think we can clearly understand that the answer is YES :-)

Cheers,

Asaf

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
I don't see anything here that specifically says about keyword in the actual URL, not just the content of the landing page which is an obvious thing...

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi,

From a SEO perspective, it's best practice to include the keyword in the lading page URL, this helps the search engine to understand your page content.

It would be good doing that with adwords landing pages as well, in order to increase your landing page relevancy. However it will not have any significant effect on your quality score. The real impact here is CTR. CTR is the predominant factor in determining quality score.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hello Dmitry,

As Asaf already replied and higligted one biggest factor in determining quality of landing page is relevancy to the search queries.
so adding keyword in Url definitely increase the relevancy of Landing page but by adding only keyword in URl cannot make a good landing page. the whole content and info of the page determine the quality (relevancy with the search queries and ad copy).

Hope this helps!

Rahul Goel

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
I assume Google "understands" what separates words in url (symbols like underscores, dashes, etc.) Smiley Happy

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Dmitry P wrote:

Now, is it good for QS to have a keyword in the landing page URL?

Ex. your KW is "transmission repair", so your URL may look like this:

http://joessuperautorepair.com/transmission_repair/page1.html

no, it will not impact your quality score - to have a keyword in landing page URL will  make no difference in your AdWords campaigns - it is very important to have the keyword on your ad headline and will help a bit to have it on Display URL - but in landing page URL will make no difference.

if you are still concerned with this, just add an   parameter foo={keyword} across all your landing page URLs in your adwords account and you will have automatically the keyword there.. for example if you set your landing page URL:   http://joessuperautorepair.com/index.html?foo={keyword}  it will automatically became: http://joessuperautorepair.com/index.html?foo=transmission+repair when user searches for a term that matches your "transmission repair" , so you will always have kw on landing page url, But you will just waste your time as it will make not difference in your AdWords QS or CTR.

asafpaz wrote:

2. "Include specific keywords that directly relate to the specific theme of your ad group and landing page. It's often more effective to use keywords that are two or three words long instead of just single words."

I think we can clearly understand that the answer is YES :-)

Hi my friend! 

landing page and landing page url are not the same entity, and relevancy does not means match  :-)

just to have a keyword in a content do not means that it will increase relevancy - this is different concept: You do not need to add a "Buy Computer" on a "Dell Desktop product page" - it will not increase its relevancy for  AdWords.

Ahmed Ali wrote:
Hi,

From a SEO perspective, it's best practice to include the keyword in the lading page URL, this helps the search engine to understand your page content.

It would be good doing that with adwords landing pages as well, in order to increase your landing page relevancy. However it will not have any significant effect on your quality score. The real impact here is CTR. CTR is the predominant factor in determining quality score.

in SEO it is important! But in AdWords, to have a keyword in Landing Page URL will not impact relevancy and will not impact CTR as the user barely can see the landing page url before clicking the Ad.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Gravity,

I agree with you. That's why I said "it will not have any significant effect on your quality score. The real impact here is CTR. CTR is the predominant factor in determining quality score."

It seems that you misunderstood my answer, I don't mean it would increase CTR.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Ahmed Ali wrote:

It seems that you misunderstood my answer, I don't mean it would increase CTR.

Ok! Yes,  I misunderstood you!  Sorry!

Thanks for the feedback!